• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Callous and not so warm hearted, while I try to maintain a social balance in my relationships, I am not afraid or shook off from conflict. In fact, I take pleasure from inspiring conflict from time to time, for I value chaos as much as I value order. I can be categorised as vindictive and it is also hard for me to forget a slight, yet I am trying my best on not to act impulsively, for I usually wait the right time to strike whenever possible, even if it means doing nothing for some time, yet I am forgiving when it is necessary and suitable. I am extremely motivated about people and what makes them tick, even though I am curious about people and their emotions, most NF's I knew consider me unemotional.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm an INFP, but the stereotype of INFPs being made of unicorn tears and fountain wishes does not apply to me. I am realistic--I hope for the best, but I expect the worst. When the best happens, I'm overjoyed, but when the worst happens, I'm not surprised.

I also don't always see the best in people. I usually give them the benefit of the doubt a couple of times before making a judgment (yep, I judge people), but if they don't pass muster, I don't include them in my life. My attitude towards them becomes one of pleasant indifference.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am more forward about my belief system than the average ENFP.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've learned to just accept reality for what it is and not what I expect it to be in my imagination or personal opinions. I also don't scoff over traditions.. whatever makes people happy, I'm happy too.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some descriptions are half ass others hit me dead on. Reasoning seems to be off the most. Guessing due to lack of functional knowledge.

This one matches me exactly

Most pin ISTP as if they are a dom S, while i do lean alot towatrds S and experience i still believe i lead by Ti dom

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I favor Fi over Fe. While I do freely extravert my own feelings, I am less likely to focus on others' feelings when making decisions than most Fe dom/aux users. If I'm being honest, I care less than other NFJs, which sometimes makes me feel out of place with others of my type.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As a ENTP with a strong 9w1 core this can make me a lot more timid,withdrawn and humble than a lot of ENTPs out there (I know im famous for being a braggart as my Norhi says so :happy2: :D but truth is I am a very humble and self-effacing person deep under that exterior who rarely thinks highly of himself unless hes getting approval or utillazing my 3 and 7 fixes :)) then im on top of the world. I am also being double positive outlook meaning in some ways I am far more Fe than most other ENTPs as I aim to try and keep a positive environment to keep any negative shit out.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Some descriptions are half ass others hit me dead on. Reasoning seems to be off the most. Guessing due to lack of functional knowledge. This one matches me exactly
Most pin ISTP as if they are a dom S, while i do lean alot towatrds S and experience i still believe i lead by Ti dom
lol the ISTP guys bubbles crack me up "who cares" "keep telling yourself that" , any time someone starts conversation with the ISTP I know this is irrelevant he turns to me rolls eyes and says "blah blah next!" Give him a complex problem wheels instantly in motion , I can see his brain working it's fascinating, he's told me stuff he's said to his staff and it's so blunt , I'm like TACT come on , you can't just abruptly tell them that information, They have "feelings" eyes instantly glaze over "feelings".. blah. Blah either it works or it doesn't either they can do , it or they can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Some descriptions are half ass others hit me dead on. Reasoning seems to be off the most. Guessing due to lack of functional knowledge. This one matches me exactly
lol the ISTP guys bubbles crack me up "who cares" "keep telling yourself that" , any time someone starts conversation with the ISTP I know this is irrelevant he turns to me rolls eyes and says "blah blah next!" Give him a complex problem wheels instantly in motion , I can see his brain working it's fascinating, he's told me stuff he's said to his staff and it's so blunt , I'm like TACT come on , you can't just abruptly tell them that information, They have "feelings" eyes instantly glaze over "feelings".. blah. Blah either it works or it doesn't either they can do , it or they can't.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
See, mine did that as well, but as a kind of..'prep'(Fe?). His real power of seduction laid in him being a dancer - and dancing with him definitely turned me into a puddle of mush. The manoeuvring took an very literal, erm, form. Once he zoned in for the kill, it was more him whispering a couple of words in my ear. This was after the obligatory 'gotto yak a bit first so we can establish some sort of bond, start building a modicum of trust and see if there's potential for more' stuff that they tend to do. And yes, it's not very deep. It is usually very flattering in a blunt, bull-in-china shop kind of way though :D Their real finesse shows later, when they do the Se manoeuvring and finish it off with just a hint of dubious whispering. I've been wooed by ISTPs before as well and you're right. They tend to be more of the 'stare, lock eyes, brood' variety. The Ni games are more frequent when they do say something, most of the seduction/connection is pure Se (auxiliary function ftw in its 'loving others') and the strategy to win your heart/loins is pure Ti :heart: Fe seems to come in later - when you're part of their inner circle, the protection and tribal side very much flares up.
Agree with this , I used to refer to my istp as the guy with the great Eye contact.. and the inner circle thing takes a while but once you get there I don't think I've ever felt so this person 100% has my back and trust for friendship/sharing is so mutual , inner circle shit, I worked hard to get there but it means a lot and is worth it, they say what they mean and mean what they say no fluff.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol the ISTP guys bubbles crack me up "who cares" "keep telling yourself that" , any time someone starts conversation with the ISTP I know this is irrelevant he turns to me rolls eyes and says "blah blah next!" Give him a complex problem wheels instantly in motion , I can see his brain working it's fascinating, he's told me stuff he's said to his staff and it's so blunt , I'm like TACT come on , you can't just abruptly tell them that information, They have "feelings" eyes instantly glaze over "feelings".. blah. Blah either it works or it doesn't either they can do , it or they can't. - - - Updated - - - lol the ISTP guys bubbles crack me up "who cares" "keep telling yourself that" , any time someone starts conversation with the ISTP I know this is irrelevant he turns to me rolls eyes and says "blah blah next!" Give him a complex problem wheels instantly in motion , I can see his brain working it's fascinating, he's told me stuff he's said to his staff and it's so blunt , I'm like TACT come on , you can't just abruptly tell them that information, They have "feelings" eyes instantly glaze over "feelings".. blah. Blah either it works or it doesn't either they can do , it or they can't.
He seems oblivious to the world :shrug: around him. I frequently use "keep telling yourself that" but people do open their eyes to it and realize i am right. Because by that time i know the person well enough to know how it affects that person deeply. Its not just some shallow...this is how people are "generally" kind of thing. He just sounds like an inconsiderate ass as opposed to ISTP.

I know, i know...you have a but to argue my disagreement...ENFPs...psshhhh.....lol

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ESTP best bud is a man of many words. He loves to talk. I've seen him flirt with women many times and he loves to control the narrative (meaning he likes to do most of the talking or doesn't mind it at least) but the content he likes is stereotypical "here and now" and "in the moment." He's not one to ponder deeper meanings all that much at least at first. Something like "Forget about everything else right now, when I look at you in your eyes like this what are you thinking about right now and what do you want to do?" Maybe you're description was more ISTP based? I can see that. I enjoy the fun of innuendo and dropping/following clues. The game is fun :). The ESTP I know is far more blunt and direct like " Damn, you're looking fine right now, Sorry, I can't stop looking." I'm pretty blunt too but I do enjoy a bit more subtlety.
What you explained sounds like ESTPs i know as well. Had an ESTP try to hit on my GF that took a class with her. He was very blunt straight forward and tried to talk her up and such like you explained. She read me all his texts and jacked with him. He did this to all the women in the class...he was more like the more people i hit on the better my chances of landing someone mentality...stereotypical player...almost think stereotypical black player. As opposed to the stereotypical white player who tends to be a different style player.

With me, i confused the shit out of my current ENFP, she wasnt sure who chased who :shrug: i tend to make people want me in a very subtle non-direct way and they get confused if they are after me or i am after them.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you sure this isn't a steamy romance novel? :D I don't know about seeing 'potential for more.' Honestly, this sounds like more of an NTP sort of thing to do. My ESTP bud is but one example but I think a good one ( sorry for being subjective). Thinking about the bond and the trust as abstract concepts is not really his cup o' tea. Of course he's a good dude (kind of a player with the ladies but a take a bullet for you kind of friend) and he does value the bond and building up trust but not as something to dissect in his mind and tease out possibilities (I'd be more inclined to do this) but he would let the experiences you share reign supreme. By actually doing things together you establish the nature of your relationship. It's almost a 'waste of time' to him to think so much about something when so many things haven't even happened yet. Each experience with you is like a lego to add on to something bigger but whatever the shape and color of the lego is yet to be determined. You work with what you have and you won't see the final product till later because he doesn't know what it looks like yet. I think a strong intuitive is more like a bull in a china shop when it comes to real-life flirting ( where you can actually read body language). My ESTP bud is more like a fighter pilot making well executed surgical strikes on your gooey insides. His charisma obviously shines in the moment and is almost entirely in person based. He walks into a room and you can feel the gravity shift a little towards him, lol, it's IMPACT. My Ti doesn't really map out a strategy but tries to weed out reasons why I shouldn't be interested in you. :shock: This is only because my Fe wants to test your feelings. In this regard my ESTP bud and I are way too similar. Nah Fe is always there from the very start. Fe is the drive that makes us (ExTPs) want to persuade you to become more interested. Fe is the communication device to translate whatever our Se/Ne and Ti are coming up with. I believe this is the reason why ExTPs usually get the stereotype of being charming (at best) and manipulative (at worst).
Yeah, pretty much agree with this as well. ESTP are trying to learn you, just in a more direct in your face type of way then an ISTP. Its trial and error vs listening and understanding. NTPs are not really attached to the current moment and is why they are more bull in china shop. They run into what is for sake of hownthings could he.

When it comes to ENFPs anyone can mind fuck them...its what they enjoy....as well as what screws them over left and right because its their "easy" spot. We all have easy spots

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
He seems oblivious to the world :shrug: around him. I frequently use "keep telling yourself that" but people do open their eyes to it and realize i am right. Because by that time i know the person well enough to know how it affects that person deeply. Its not just some shallow...this is how people are "generally" kind of thing. He just sounds like an inconsiderate ass as opposed to ISTP. I know, i know...you have a but to argue my disagreement...ENFPs...psshhhh.....lol
Lol his is 100% oblivious to the world around him .. actually I will say 90% because there has been some growth, and I will also give him inconsiderate ass too lol, but I don't take that on that's his deck of cards not mine.. now when he tells me how some interaction went I usually say "I'm sure that went down like a bucket of nails" and he can start to see the pattern, doesn't mean he does anything differently. He is exactly who he is.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol his is 100% oblivious to the world around him .. actually I will say 90% because there has been some growth, and I will also give him inconsiderate ass too lol, but I don't take that on that's his deck of cards not mine.. now when he tells me how some interaction went I usually say "I'm sure that went down like a bucket of nails" and he can start to see the pattern, doesn't mean he does anything differently. He is exactly who he is.
Yup, i know the type of person very well. Love to project their opinion onto the world. Its usually nothing more then that, an opinion as opposed to an accurate understanding of how the world works including people. They do best when they are around people like them because they are so oblivious. I hope he eventually finds his healthy side for his sake. You seem to have found a distance that works for you.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What would it be like if an ENFP was a 5w6? Anybody?