User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Everyone is so much older than me. Am I the only 14 year old?
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I can be aggressive, or at least appear like one. I don't know probably because of my enneagram type.
    When I was younger, I was known to be a tough and wild kid, but I got much gentler as I grew up.

I enjoy deductive thinking and I love mystery novels.

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I can be objective and super logical separate from my emotions if I need to be. Admittedly, it's no easy task.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

A wannabe dog

I am very intellectual/philosophical to the extent that sometimes I wonder if I might be an INTP instead. I have a very analytical mind, I love analyzing everything around me.
    I love solving puzzles, I love solving mysteries, I love things that challenge my mind. And I also have this habit of spending hours researching on things that interest me. Whenever I am in this mode, I'll often forget to eat and sleep. I will basically obsess over those topics that are in my mind, and then I will spend hours researching about it .

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

I don't have slow reaction times.

I can respond in the moment very well, which I guess most INFJs are not can not do....

I just have better reactions when I slow down and don't try to respond instantly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I think it depends who you ask. My son would tell you I am very bossy. I myself identify with being demanding but I think that's a very different thing. My brother and my mother also say I'm bossy but very close friends say I'm not bossy at all and really easy going...

I do think though that I am more assertive than a lot of ENFP's and I can lean towards ESFP in that area.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

I am not a care taker, I am not a fluffy ball of emotions, I am not selfless, I don't like everyone... I am egocentric, selfcentered, cynical and critical most of the time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I am not really that idealistic. I don't work to help the underdog...I might think about it though. I have a temper and can be controlling.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

The bold part of this popular profile descriptions are true. Red means not true at all;

"The Idealist"

As an INFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves

INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place.

Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well.

INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations. On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings, and genuinely want to help them.

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet.

INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit. INFPs may have problems working on a project in a group, because their standards are likely to be higher than other members' of the group. In group situations, they may have a "control" problem. The INFP needs to work on balancing their high ideals with the requirements of every day living. Without resolving this conflict, they will never be happy with themselves, and they may become confused and paralyzed about what to do with their lives.

INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic.

INFPs who function in their well-developed sides can accomplish great and wonderful things, which they will rarely give themselves credit for. Some of the great, humanistic catalysts in the world have been INFPs.
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Some of the MBTI descriptions of INFJ I don't identify with, but Jung's description of the Ni-dom resonate the most with me. The parts of the MBTI description of INFJ I don't relate to are the social descriptions. I've read that INFJs are always giving advice and take offense when people don't follow it. I suppose I will offer advice as a teacher or online when someone is asking for suggestions, but I can't imagine feeling offended when people don't embrace it. I think like the humanistic psychologist Carl Rogers who says each individual is the master of their own life. I respect that boundary for myself and others. I can never know enough to know better than the other person knows about their life. I don't relate to classic "Fe". For me it is more like an externalized version of Fi. I'm aware of everyone else's inner self and value the respect of that personal boundary above all else. The only part of Fe I relate to is internalizing it from the outside. I don't have a safe a shell as is common with Fi. I have some kind of hybrid Fe/Fi, but I think I'm too abstract, too Ni-ish to be an INFP, when I compare myself with my Fi-dom sister and mother.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)