User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Life is BLAH!

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Default Life is BLAH!

I was thinking, "why is life so BLAH sometimes?" I've concluded that life sucks when I am not occupied, because when I stay busy I don't think about the blah. Blah, blah, blah....

Tell me. Is this universal among all types?
    Last edited by RiderOnTheStorm; 09-10-2008 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Because the previous thread topic was narcissistic. I already know why you love ENFPs ;)
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

*sigh* I'm feeling juuust a tad cynical, and insomnia helps not.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    I was thinking, "why is life so BLAH sometimes?" I've concluded that life sucks when I am not occupied, because when I stay busy I don't think about the blah. Blah, blah, blah....

Seeing how you get that feeling when you're not occupied, I'd say it's a extrovert thing. I never get it at least.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Aww...

I've got insomnia too, but no worries, after few years it will be your personal trait that can be used for all kinds of things. :nod:

Life's nice, if you consider the alternative. Besides, the only reason you and me can feel lousy about not keeping busy, is because the western world has stolen the resources for our well-being from the third world countries. This will not go on forever, so don't worry. Maybe there will be reasons to worry later on.

(Really, I can't see why I haven't felt bad for months now. It's really weird. I don't even do anything and its fine. So.. all I can say, cheer up, life's good, or if it isn't, it's usually tolerable..)

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Seeing how you get that feeling when you're not occupied, I'd say it's a extrovert thing. I never get it at least.
    No. I have had it. But, there's lots of stuff you can do, so I have some stuff to do while bored. I'd just want to do something more meaningful, but then again, I can pass my time this way too. Today I've been doing vector art, and later on I will go pick apples on back yard, maybe fix my bike. Nice weather.

Yeah, life's boring, but so is death.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

^ Insomnia's horrible. (Even though I wish I never had to sleep) Plus. It's not healthy for you :S I'm going on my 4th day with 12 hours sleep total. F pills and drugs of any sort. I can handle this. It's all mental.

I also try to keep myself busy, but you know. For me, procrastination trumps life's ambitions in the big picture. I'm too damn distracted with the details and possibilities. So half the time nothing gets accomplished. (Damn P ) Then move onto another and so on and so forth.

It's those in between periods like now where I am feeling alone that I feel this way and I ask questions like...What's the point? Why are things so complicated? Why are people so stupid? I was wondering what it would be like to be so simple. Wishing I could dumb myself down enough to follow and not do my own thing, but it's damn near impossible. Lots of self analyzing. Meh. Beneficial in the long run I suppose. The self analyzing I mean.

Tbh sometimes the alternative doesn't seem so bad, but I would never do anything to bring it upon myself. It's not in my nature. Just a thought.

MBTI
    INFP

sigh...what to do/say? I often feel the precisely the same thing like you too.
    all I can only say here is: you're definitely not alone .

maybe it's true that we do need a lot more J to make ourselves happy (at least feeling that we've accomplished something! rather than nothing)

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Most Ns go through this at some point, usually in our teens. I don't know if you'll get over it, but I did. The world is pretty stupid. "The Devil's gonna get you, man. Just realize it, then take it out of your head." --KMFDM

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Are we talking about existential angst?

I had a period where my thoughts were especially existential, but it wasn't a depressing or unhappy time.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Life is BLAH-er just before the dawn!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post

I can get depressed when I don't have anything to do.