User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Life is BLAH!

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I never understood boredom.

There is too much to experience.. to learn..
    True, but do you ever slow down and analyze your yourself, your life? Like why am I here? What is it all for? Yada, yada..
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    True, but do you ever slow down and analyze your yourself, your life? Like why am I here? What is it all for? Yada, yada..
    Are you saying that slowing down, analysing oneself and one's life, and asking questions such as those are "blah"?

heart on fire

This is a constant state for me.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I haven't read everything to be honest, but here's my tidbit.

When life gets dull and boring - and that happens a lot to be honest - I generally go into some kind of dream world, where I imagine all my dreams coming true and what I would do if that happened. Like, I imagine what would have happened if I had become a professor or a real teacher. Or I imagine what would have happened if I had studied translation or become a diplomat. Or I imagine having a huge political debate and dreaming up arguments. Or I imagine becoming a topless model with lots of money who becomes famous. Or I imagine being a famous writer whose books are known everywhere. Crazy shit like that. It spices things up a bit.

Oh yeah, and if I am feeling in a particularly philosophical mood, then yes: I analyze myself, the purpose of life, the purpose of human beings, etc. etc.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Are you saying that slowing down, analysing oneself and one's life, and asking questions such as those are "blah"?
    I'm saying it can be. Sometimes to me life can seem so bleak :/ and makes me feel like blah, cuz there's nothing I can do really to change the way things are.

MBTI
    INFP

Maybe life seeming blah is a good thing in that it may be an indication that you live in the moment and are not pining for some fantastic future.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Maybe life seeming blah is a good thing in that it may be an indication that you live in the moment and are not pining for some fantastic future.
    Thanks for the perspective ^^

MBTI
    INTP

True, but then again if you just focus on the past too much I think that could lead to a very negative interpretation of life being blahhh. Thats an interesting point though, how much in to the future do you need to look in order not to be too recklessly in the moment?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    FiSi

Hey, you're talking to an introvert. We do that all the time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I get that feeling all the time, might be an NF thing or just ENFP who knows.
    SDMF