• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Life is BLAH!

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never understood boredom.

There is too much to experience.. to learn..

True, but do you ever slow down and analyze your yourself, your life? Like why am I here? What is it all for? Yada, yada..

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
True, but do you ever slow down and analyze your yourself, your life? Like why am I here? What is it all for? Yada, yada..

Are you saying that slowing down, analysing oneself and one's life, and asking questions such as those are "blah"?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't read everything to be honest, but here's my tidbit.

When life gets dull and boring - and that happens a lot to be honest - I generally go into some kind of dream world, where I imagine all my dreams coming true and what I would do if that happened. Like, I imagine what would have happened if I had become a professor or a real teacher. Or I imagine what would have happened if I had studied translation or become a diplomat. Or I imagine having a huge political debate and dreaming up arguments. Or I imagine becoming a topless model with lots of money who becomes famous. Or I imagine being a famous writer whose books are known everywhere. Crazy shit like that. :D It spices things up a bit.

Oh yeah, and if I am feeling in a particularly philosophical mood, then yes: I analyze myself, the purpose of life, the purpose of human beings, etc. etc.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you saying that slowing down, analysing oneself and one's life, and asking questions such as those are "blah"?

I'm saying it can be. Sometimes to me life can seem so bleak :/ and makes me feel like blah, cuz there's nothing I can do really to change the way things are.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe life seeming blah is a good thing in that it may be an indication that you live in the moment and are not pining for some fantastic future.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
True, but then again if you just focus on the past too much I think that could lead to a very negative interpretation of life being blahhh. Thats an interesting point though, how much in to the future do you need to look in order not to be too recklessly in the moment?

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I get that feeling all the time, might be an NF thing or just ENFP who knows.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Existential thoughts can be annoying. But, the more you think about them, the more funny it gets. I've come to see many things being quite pointless, and it is like a strange comedy that is going on all the time everywhere. People working their ass off to buy bigger tv. People filling their parents expectations. People thinking all their lives about "eternal questions" and when they die, the worms say "delicious!"... Everything is so ridiculously pointless that the only reason I do anything is for my personal satisfaction and to make other people be well... and with as little effort as possible.

I also try to keep myself busy, but you know. For me, procrastination trumps life's ambitions in the big picture. I'm too damn distracted with the details and possibilities. So half the time nothing gets accomplished. (Damn P :threaten:) Then move onto another and so on and so forth.

Yeah, me too, I can get nothing done. Still I have this feeling that if I got into the right position, I could achieve much. And it's not only me, other people have also praised some of my skills, but the problem is there isn't any pattern. I am skilled in too broad spectrum, and its the same with my interests. The jobs are so specialized that I don't have deep enough knowledge of anything. I don't think there is any profession I could use my potential fully.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
..and somebody has posted a really great post in the next thread here.
please take a look at it. the answer might be what you (or we) are looking for.. :)

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I think I'm coming out of my existential phase and everything, but I can never be sure, I'm probably too young.

But life never feels lbah for me. If it does, I play guitar. I think it's good for everyone to have some kind of hobby they are dedicated to every day that will keep life interesting and meaningful.

Frank

For me life is blah if I do not have a goal/s that I'm working towards. Occasionally I can do the live in the moment thing but those moments are few and far between.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LMAO! That's already in my favorites :D:D:D:D:D

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! :hug: