User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP

Default "Agressive" forgiveness

The title is a little ... Exagerated. But I mean proactive forgiveness. INFPs are reactive in KTS, but can't INFPs (and other people too) be a little more proactive in spreading peace? And harmony?

I personally can't write or talk alot, I can listen alot. But what about you? Why don't you spread peace? Aren't we supposed to treat others like we want to be treated? This means, we like servants, why don't we become servants to others? Like Jesus said when he washed the feet of his apostles (I am not Christian).

Peace

MBTI
    INFP

I wish we could do that. But unfortunately not everyone feels that way.
    What I do, I forgive easily, so I'm not burdened with anything.
    Likes Mustafa liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

It is better to treat everyone fairly. Everyone deserves fair treatment, but not everyone deserves kind treatment.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    The title is a little ... Exagerated. But I mean proactive forgiveness. INFPs are reactive in KTS, but can't INFPs (and other people too) be a little more proactive in spreading peace? And harmony?

I personally can't write or talk alot, I can listen alot. But what about you? Why don't you spread peace? Aren't we supposed to treat others like we want to be treated? This means, we like servants, why don't we become servants to others? Like Jesus said when he washed the feet of his apostles (I am not Christian).

Peace
    I do treat others the as I would want to be treated. I am compassionate with people who really deserve it and some who don't (because I understand them). I spread peace everyday in my social interactions with others. However, there are some who really get on my nerves and you know who you are. I am not peaceful when it comes to those people. They refuse to tell me the truth about who they are, what they are doing and why they did what they did in the past, which was extremely hurtful to me. So, no peace as far as they go. Not until the 'fess up.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion
    Likes Mustafa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    It is better to treat everyone fairly. Everyone deserves fair treatment, but not everyone deserves kind treatment.
    It is like said after you, sometimes, some who don't deserve mercy should get it. That is mercy.

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

The first step to having peace is inner peace. If people can't feel inner peace, how are they supposed to behave peacefullly? Also, peace is not always the solution, unlike Ghandi I do feel violence is justified when it has been initiated against me by someone else.

Another thing I believe in is individual responsibilty. Everyone has to be responsible for the consequences of their actions, good or bad. In Europe, there are too many people who play victim and get away with victimising others. They say it isn't their fault, its society's fault. But despite our conditions, good or bad, we have some control over what we do, whether we admit it or not. Forgiveness is fine if a person is genuinely sorry and won't repeat their acts, but not if its an excuse to keep harming others and get away with it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    The first step to having peace is inner peace. If people can't feel inner peace, how are they supposed to behave peacefullly? Also, peace is not always the solution, unlike Ghandi I do feel violence is justified when it has been initiated against me by someone else.

Another thing I believe in is individual responsibilty. Everyone has to be responsible for the consequences of their actions, good or bad. In Europe, there are too many people who play victim and get away with victimising others. They say it isn't their fault, its society's fault. But despite our conditions, good or bad, we have some control over what we do, whether we admit it or not. Forgiveness is fine if a person is genuinely sorry and won't repeat their acts, but not if its an excuse to keep harming others and get away with it.
    Imam Ali says: Forgiveness (is to be given, is dealt at) victory or when you can. So if you consider us enemies, and you feel you can beat me, that is when you forgive me. It is paradoxal: A believer is strong when he is weak and weak when he is strong.

Producing peace.