User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you find urself expecting/imagining end results too much, but NO real-work?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, very often, or almost always!

39 81.25%
  • only sometimes..

8 16.67%
  • no. almost never

1 2.08%
First 234

MBTI
    ENFP

Niki, some of your threads wear me down a little bit. Hang in there.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    so it's not easy for the NTP folks either, i guess eh..
    My brother is an ENFP, so the pair of us make a good control experiment for this sort of thing...

I do tend to be more productive than him and follow through on many more of my plans than he does his and between us we've talked about it and reached a tentative conclusion that it's his F that stops him... he wants to be happy and have positive vibes all the time, whilst I'm quite indifferent to them. So when it gets to a phase of his plan where things are tough, unpleasant, perhaps conflict or confrontation is necessary or just putting up with a less-than-ideal situation, he tends to quickly lose heart and motivation, whilst I see those things as expected challenges and sorta bulldoze them outta my way.

An example would be where he tends to move around a lot, looking for his ideal community to live in. But as soon as he comes across people being difficult, perhaps stupid, or whatever, he quickly starts blaming the town, the people and everything else for all of his failures and saying it's a crap place and if he moves to this other place then everything will be great. Then goes to the next place and of course the same thing happens again because people are the same everywhere pretty much, and you're never going to be able to just walk into a place as a total stranger and from the word go be 'one of the boys', y'know, like he expects to have all the likeminded people to just come out of the woodwork the minute he's in town and make a big welcome party for him or something... lol

I'm similar in that I find dealing with people being stupid or difficult very frustrating. But having not started out from an idealist position of actually expecting or even desiring them to be perfect - or even nice! - this doesn't deter me. So I muddle through and eventually in this new town I get to know enough people and through them, other people, that eventually the people who are more my sorta people do end up coming outta the woodwork and stuff. He tends to conclude that if he hasn't met these people within a couple of months, then there aren't any in that town, it's a crappy town, he needs to move, etc.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

great post, substitute.
    now i can see more clearer of WHY it's so hard for us NF to materialize things and NOT getting 'down' during the whole process!.. but i do wonder, does it also apply to NFJ as well?
    'cuz i've always thought that it's more about "J" and "P" too (ie: the J folks will be more thorough & do more actions, and even seek it to the fulfillment, more than P folks).

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    great post, substitute.
    now i can see more clearer of WHY it's so hard for us NF to materialize things and NOT getting 'down' during the whole process!.. but i do wonder, does it also apply to NFJ as well?
    'cuz i've always thought that it's more about "J" and "P" too (ie: the J folks will be more thorough & do more actions, and even seek it to the fulfillment, more than P folks).
    i was gonna post a thread about the 'realistic level' of types. my theory is basically S > N, T > F, J > P. the first two is pretty obvious given sub's post. J > P because J's like to have an end in mind and ask "what's the point". their optimism will hence only take them so far because the day dreaming is always anchored.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

I think that also adds to how hard it can be for us to actualize ideas to physical reality. A lot of times, there's simply no motivation. What's the point of making something happen that you already "made happen" in your head?
    but unfortunately - quoting from somebody's great opinion in my another thread - this is a physical & material world we're living in. so most people just don't CARE of what's in our little heads , when they don't see any REAL, actual, and practical results materialized in front of their eyes..
    in other words, like the title of my newer thread: lots of ideas but no action = ZERO , in this very-practical world.. (UNLESS if we're living back in the Philosopher's era like Socrates, Plato, Aristoteles where our job is indeed only theorizing ideas! how FUN is that for us!)

this is where i guess our frustration & depression often comes from.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ughh...yes...
    Last edited by Lady_X; 10-29-2008 at 10:15 AM.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    I likes it
    i really LOVE your signature, Awesome! thanks, i'll keep it in my head!

i need this thread a LOT now! needs some good advises (from ANYbody) on how to @#$%@ battle procrastination, and not feeling bad about myself in the end, because of browsing this forum too much (hehe) and not accomplishing anything (ie: music compositions, work, website, etc etc )
    please continue this thread!