User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK, here's another angle (I wish I had remembered earlier).

Competitiveness.
    NT's are generally considered competitive (and it's definitely a classic "choleric" trait). But do NF's normally become competitive as well? That is also getting more at what I mean by "control"?
    (and various other instruments have corresponding "choleric" types that fit the description: Blake-Mouton: "Produce or Perish", Jay Hall: "Win/lose", TKI: "Competing", LIFO: "Controlling-Taking")
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I know a certain ENFP who I hate to let win against me... mainly cause he celebrates like he's about to be bound and gagged for enternity...

I avoid competition like the plague. More of a team player.. does that make me less "controlling/ choleric"?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Just like with me, the avoiding of competition is more the "introverted and informing" influence. But it is certainly somewhere in our drive, because of the Tough-minded pragmatism. Meanwhile, ENTP's are portrayed as very openly competitive. (Hey, a strike in your favor of I over E!)
    "One-upmanship" is another term often used for them. I certainly have that tendency, but in a slower, more passive way.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Just like with me, the avoiding of competition is more the "introverted and informing" influence. But it is certainly somewhere in our drive, because of the Tough-minded pragmatism. Meanwhile, ENTP's are portrayed as very openly competitive. (Hey, a strike in your favor of I over E!)
    "One-upmanship" is another term often used for them. I certainly have that tendency, but in a slower, more passive way.
    No you don't.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can be competetive but it's much more likely that I will challenge myself or other's seperate to actual confrontational challenges. That could be avoidance though. Not feeling competant enough to compete.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    English. Eccentric. Like hullo...

(Psychology note, I'm a positive feedback person who's raised by negative feedback. Hence I tend to do the whole verbal puch on the arm. It's not intended as an insult... more just being playful.)
    I should've added a smiley to that originally. It made me laugh, that's why I said it.

And your response made laugh again, no worries.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP

I know a certain ENFP who I hate to let win against me... mainly cause he celebrates like he's about to be bound and gagged for enternity...
    I do so hope you don't mean me? (Although I don't think we've played anythign competitive for ages...) I know I'm not the only ENFP in your life... *sniff sniff*

I can be competetive but it's much more likely that I will challenge myself or other's seperate to actual confrontational challenges. That could be avoidance though. Not feeling competant enough to compete.
    I think that you can be very competitive Xander. I also see you avoid alot, I have theories as to why, those arguements about rules etc that we used to get into... it takes two wanting to win to get like that! (I still profoundly remember the discussion about the wierdboy battle tower, and whether it was in cover or not)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

A couple of other angles I had forgotten:

RULES
    Do NF's like to make rules, are they better at either enforcing others' rules, or motivating others to lead? And are the less enforcing thaan NT's (Rules generally seem to be associated with the SJ in descriptions).

DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
    connected to the first one, are NF's willing to delegate authority, or do they generally insist on doing things themselves. And how do they compare to the NT in this?

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I honestly feel very uncomfortable when decided for other people..they decide and I'm 99% of the time, ok with what they decide.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?