• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do NF's have power and control issues?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, here's another angle (I wish I had remembered earlier).

Competitiveness.
NT's are generally considered competitive (and it's definitely a classic "choleric" trait). But do NF's normally become competitive as well? That is also getting more at what I mean by "control"?
(and various other instruments have corresponding "choleric" types that fit the description: Blake-Mouton: "Produce or Perish", Jay Hall: "Win/lose", TKI: "Competing", LIFO: "Controlling-Taking")

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I know a certain ENFP who I hate to let win against me... mainly cause he celebrates like he's about to be bound and gagged for enternity...

I avoid competition like the plague. More of a team player.. does that make me less "controlling/ choleric"?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just like with me, the avoiding of competition is more the "introverted and informing" influence. But it is certainly somewhere in our drive, because of the Tough-minded pragmatism. Meanwhile, ENTP's are portrayed as very openly competitive. (Hey, a strike in your favor of I over E!)
"One-upmanship" is another term often used for them. I certainly have that tendency, but in a slower, more passive way.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Just like with me, the avoiding of competition is more the "introverted and informing" influence. But it is certainly somewhere in our drive, because of the Tough-minded pragmatism. Meanwhile, ENTP's are portrayed as very openly competitive. (Hey, a strike in your favor of I over E!)
"One-upmanship" is another term often used for them. I certainly have that tendency, but in a slower, more passive way.
No you don't.

:devil:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can be competetive but it's much more likely that I will challenge myself or other's seperate to actual confrontational challenges. That could be avoidance though. Not feeling competant enough to compete.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
English. Eccentric. Like hullo...

:D

(Psychology note, I'm a positive feedback person who's raised by negative feedback. Hence I tend to do the whole verbal puch on the arm. It's not intended as an insult... more just being playful.)

:D I should've added a smiley to that originally. It made me laugh, that's why I said it.

And your response made laugh again, no worries.

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
I know a certain ENFP who I hate to let win against me... mainly cause he celebrates like he's about to be bound and gagged for enternity...

I do so hope you don't mean me? (Although I don't think we've played anythign competitive for ages...) I know I'm not the only ENFP in your life... *sniff sniff*

I can be competetive but it's much more likely that I will challenge myself or other's seperate to actual confrontational challenges. That could be avoidance though. Not feeling competant enough to compete.

I think that you can be very competitive Xander. I also see you avoid alot, I have theories as to why, those arguements about rules etc that we used to get into... it takes two wanting to win to get like that! (I still profoundly remember the discussion about the wierdboy battle tower, and whether it was in cover or not)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A couple of other angles I had forgotten:

RULES
Do NF's like to make rules, are they better at either enforcing others' rules, or motivating others to lead? And are the less enforcing thaan NT's (Rules generally seem to be associated with the SJ in descriptions).

DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
connected to the first one, are NF's willing to delegate authority, or do they generally insist on doing things themselves. And how do they compare to the NT in this?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I honestly feel very uncomfortable when decided for other people..they decide and I'm 99% of the time, ok with what they decide.