• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Is my enfp male friend keen on me?

air

MBTI Type
INFP
As much as I pride myself on being able to read people, I just can't tell if he is just really kind to me (I've had a rough patch recently... Maybe he felt sorry for me?) or actually keen on me. :wubbie:

If age is a factor we are both mid 20s. I am infp female. He is enfp male.

If you can't be bothered reading my post, then please maybe if you could define the different of being kind and being keen from an enfp male point of view. I would be so appreciative!

I know he does treat me different than his other girl friends. Here are a few differences...

-He is always complimenting and commending me. Genuine ones too. Not for looks usually, but for literally everything else... My cooking, how I am with animals, my language skills, etc (which personally, i don't think I am good at, but I always try to graciously accept compliment). To be honest the only person that compliments me more is my mum.

- When other people tease me he gets defensive (which is unnecessary ! It's fun being teased!)

- he has higher standards for me. If I speak or act a bit rough, etc, like our other girl friends, he always half-jokingly corrects me, but never corrects our friends.

- he told me that I need to meet his sister (who he absolutely adores) as she is "also a highly developed individual like your self"

- told me I am complete opposite to his mother (who he also loves, but finds exasperating).

- he always makes a point of bringing up personal stuff he has worked out about me, and looks for my reaction.

- he has set (non verbal) physical barriers for us. I mean, he'll poke me to annoy me, but otherwise full barriers. It's not for other girls... he lets his other girl friends go as far as massaging his shoulders etc. hahaha

- I'm not sure if he asks this to his other girl friends, but he is always so curious what type of guy i would be into.

He has told me I am one of his best friends, and he has told others that I am a really good friend to him as well. Maybe I am just a friend.

Ikaruss

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, he does a lot of things that I would do, specially this part:

-He is always complimenting and commending me. Genuine ones too. Not for looks usually, but for literally everything else... My cooking, how I am with animals, my language skills, etc (which personally, i don't think I am good at, but I always try to graciously accept compliment). To be honest the only person that compliments me more is my mum.

- When other people tease me he gets defensive (which is unnecessary ! It's fun being teased!)

- he told me that I need to meet his sister (who he absolutely adores) as she is "also a highly developed individual like your self"

- told me I am complete opposite to his mother (who he also loves, but finds exasperating).

- he always makes a point of bringing up personal stuff he has worked out about me, and looks for my reaction.

When we are into someone, we like to soak in the smallest details about people we like. And we often try to low key show it to them through a small remark. Trust me, he wouldn't waste time by simply throwing it to you like a random remark.

We can get VERY defensive towards others because of teasing and stuff, because: a) someone might actually mean harm to you; and b) they are invading the intimate space your ENFP guy's built between you two.

I talk a LOT about my family with people I love. It almost makes them feel like part of my family. I'm always eager to bring them home and meet my brothers or my parents.

In general, he's just reeling you in, trying to figure out ways to bring you to him without actually saying "hey, I want you around". He almost always fail in not showing it when it comes to jealousy (e.g. when he gets defensive when other people tease you). He wants to know you, and it might be either a very strong friendship or the beginning of a relationship!

Either way, I'll be cheering out for you! I hope it helps somehow!

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=15986]air[/MENTION]

I'm not an ENFP (rather the evil twin) but I think this is pretty easy to read based on your description. Typically ENxPs are jocose and flirty in an easy going and playful kind of way and it's hard for others to interpret that as platonic or something more, especially introverted feeling types.

He compared you to the the two most significant women in his life (probably) which is his mother and sister. I read somewhere that when we guys look for partners we're comparing them to the females in our immediate families be it consciously and overtly like he is or subconsciously and covertly.

egnis

MBTI Type
ENFP
-He is always complimenting and commending me. Genuine ones too. Not for looks usually, but for literally everything else...

As a male ENFP, this tells me he considers you very attractive, and that you would be regarded very attractive by most people.
By this he is saying he is attracted to you not just for your looks.

As said defending you is a natural actions.

It all points positively to strong attractions.

I'd say he needs a little signal it is OK to take things further. He possibly wants to er ceratain you feelt he same and not jeopardise your relationship.

I've not guarantees, it is hard to say, but my inkling is it is positive.

What you do not say is you are attracted to him! This backs up my view he needs firmer ground how you feel.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15986]air[/MENTION] sounds like he is into you for sure. There are a lot of signals

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He compared you to the the two most significant women in his life (probably) which is his mother and sister. I read somewhere that when we guys look for partners we're comparing them to the females in our immediate families be it consciously and overtly like he is or subconsciously and covertly.

On a side note, this sort of thing kind of weirds me out when said aloud. Ha. Like, it can be innocent but it can also be red flag "mommy issues" and you can never be too sure :shock:

Hank

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP male here--Honestly, everything you wrote about what he does is EXACTLY what I do to girls I like. Even the physical/non-verbal barrier thing--for me, it comes from being hyperaware of how the girl perceives me and not wanting her to feel like I'm some weird creep who just wants to use her. I tend to want to compliment everyone, but there are only certain people I get close enough to to actually do it. It sounds like he feels pretty close to you.

I'd agree with everyone else in saying that he fancies you.