First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Martian Manifesto View Post
    Ah, ENTPs. You guys are so game. I love it. Have a very good friend who is ENTP. Very game.

Anyway, to respond...

1) I am very well schooled in how to make arguements. That however was not what I was doing. Argueing on a forum would be a waste of time and talent. However, I do like theoretical discussions. Is that what we are having? Or is it an arguement? I dislike conflict, but I do enjoy provocative conversation topics. My INTJ friends and I do this ad infinitum. Is this just us? Nobody else does this?
    You're playing passive-aggressive.

Instead of directly addressing my point, you seek to misdirect the flow of our interaction in ambiguous muddle. I've underlined just a few examples (this seems to happen throughout your responses).

In terms of "argument", I use the term flexibly. An "argument" is anything that compels an exchange of information.

2) Rocks? In a way, yes. INFJs are better at countering than initiating. For this reason when we do initiate we do so forcefully, thus assuring that we make an impression.

You may not like this tactic, but it is a useful one for INFJs to employ.
    What I like/dislike is extraneous to the apparent direction of your thread - the interlinking of behavioral characteristics and MBTI type.

I offered obvious flaws in your rationale schematic. You are conflating unrelated terminology - intelligence is not empirically bridged to MBTI.

You have given me much data to work from on you. All you have are things you have inferred from my posts. Do you actually think this tells you anything about me? No. INFJs always put out feelers first. Always. Even on message boards if they are wise.
    And I, you.

From the responses this experimenting provides, the INFJ can narrow down those who are likely to be good for interacting with. The criteria I am looking for has absolutely nothing to do with the post (you mind may leap there). If you think I am looking for people to "agree" with "my" arguement then you would be mistaken. I want them to respond naturally and let there personality show from there.
    No.

You are certainly trying to influence others to take a stand with/against your position. You quietly imbibe inflammatory language throughout your piece. As I mentioned earlier, your rhetoric is indirect.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with this.

I know this sounds very convoluted but it is how we work. This topic is one that had spurred many lively discussions so I thought it would be a good "conversation starter".

You are free to judge both this methodoly and my success at implementing it.
    Type expression is a fluid entity. No one enclave of humanity processes/reacts to stimuli in precisely the same way.

This fallacy is likely central to your belief that Type A is superior/inferior to Type B on the basis of behavioral preference alone.

Senior Member Martian Manifesto's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialTravels View Post
    I would the girlfriend to whom MM refers. And I can attest to his good intentions. He does not dislike any of the MBTI types, but he does enjoy sharing thoughts, ideas, theories and engaging in fun debates about any number of topics, including MBTI...and he's right, I usually watch (and occasionally chime in)
    That's my sweet baby/moral compass!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The way I see intelligence, and this is a personal theory, would be this:

The intelligences in order:

ENFP (diplomatic, strategic, tactical, logistical)
    ENFJ (diplomatic, strategic, logistical, tactical)
    ENTJ (strategic, diplomatic, logistical, tactical)
    ENTP (strategic, diplomatic, tactical, logistical)

I see what your saying though (and this isn't quite related to that).
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    You're playing passive-aggressive.

Instead of directly addressing my point, you seek to misdirect the flow of our interaction in ambiguous muddle. I've underlined just a few examples (this seems to happens throughout your responses).

In terms of "argument", I use the term flexibly. An "argument" is anything that compels an exchange of information.

* An argument is not intended to compel and exchange of information.

What I like/dislike is extraneous to the apparent direction of your thread - the interlinking of behavioral characteristics and MBTI type.

I offered obvious flaws in your rationale schematic. You are conflating unrelated terminology - intelligence is not empirically bridged to MBTI.

* No you didn't. Wrath Mania did. We don't necessarily agree but we are discussing.

And I, you.

No.

You are certainly trying to influence others to take a stand with/against your position. You quietly imbibe inflammatory language throughout your piece. As I mentioned earlier, your rhetoric is indirect.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with this.

* There was nothing quiet in my imbibing of language with flames. It was suppossed to be obvious and funny. That fact that you missed both saddens me.

Type expression is a fluid entity. No one enclave of humanity processes/reacts to stimuli in precisely the same way.

This fallacy is likely central to your belief that Type A is superior/inferior to Type B on the basis of behavioral preference alone.
    * The only superiority I speak of is superiority of a strategy based on the strengths of a given group. IF a group is blessed with a preponderance of N and wished to make moves/career as a GROUP, what would be the way it would roll out? This is the THEORY I was putting forward. It is a raw theory and thus why I look forward to feedback.

MBTI
    ISFJ

What's with this recurring kind of defensive reply with these threads? Why do people feel like they are being attacked? I don't agree with the OP but geez...

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

That is one of the many reasons INFJs do things. So INFPs can watch.
    Yep. That is why INFPs are around, so that you have an audience. I can come watch you do your tricks, but I don't promise to cheer.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't get it. I don't get why all the hostility. All the dude seems to be saying to me is "N types understand each other better than anyone else" - hello, captain obvious? and "I have an idea as to how the N-primary types can really help each other achieve their potential".

I don't get where all the accusations of prejudice and whatever are coming from??
    Unless it's just a knee-jerk thing?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't know if it'd be a good idea to put too many N-dominant types in the same place at the same time...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP

DEJA-VU.

(though, MM, unless you want to earn an image as the new BlueWing, perhaps working on presentation a bit and establishing a personality here before presenting big ideas and theories would be a good strategy, then you're less likely to be taken wrongly, there's some Ne-Ti advice for ya )
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yep. That is why INFPs are around, so that you have an audience. I can come watch you do your tricks, but I don't promise to cheer.
    Fair enough