Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Martian Manifesto View Post
    what is suppossed to happen?

Has it happened yet?
    Most certainly.

As evidence, consider that the bulk of your material - certain derivative functions shared/divergent between MBTI types - has been all but dismissed in favor of lampooning your apparent prejudice.

Either you are unschooled in how to structure a well-devised argument, or you enjoy having rocks thrown at you.

Ah.. sentences that start with "You should..."

Gotta love 'em.

If he's trolling, then don't feed him.
    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 66.67% Sensing (S) 33.33%
    Feeling (F) 61.54% Thinking (T) 38.46%
    Judging (J) 51.22% Perceiving (P) 48.78%

Your type is: INFJ

Senior Member Martian Manifesto's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Ah.. sentences that start with "You should..."

Gotta love 'em.
    You should have yourself a great day.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Which part confused you?
    No, I understand.

I understand you're making blanket statements.

Blanket statements that put others down while putting yourself up.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Flower View Post
    You should just let it ride out and don't provoke people. If no one likes the thread it will die naturally.
    Oh, like these?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...r-than-ts.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ellegence.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...me-creeps.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...s-cooties.html

Or any of the various incarnations that SH didn't feel like looking up?

Ah, yes it's part of the circle of MBTIc Life.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP

You make some good observations about these types fit in, but the rest seems a bit arbitrary and contrived to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for team building using typology, but this smacks of N elitism. And that's troublesome.

Team building can consist of any combo of types, provided you know the right ingredients of people. Yes, in theory your scheme could work. But so could hundreds of others.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

Chill.
    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 66.67% Sensing (S) 33.33%
    Feeling (F) 61.54% Thinking (T) 38.46%
    Judging (J) 51.22% Perceiving (P) 48.78%

Your type is: INFJ

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Most certainly.

As evidence, consider that the bulk of your material - certain derivative functions shared/divergent between MBTI types - has been all but dismissed in favor of lampooning your apparent prejudice.

Either you are unschooled in how to structure a well-devised argument, or you enjoy having rocks thrown at you.
    Ah, ENTPs. You guys are so game. I love it. Have a very good friend who is ENTP. Very game.

Anyway, to respond...

1) I am very well schooled in how to make arguements. That however was not what I was doing. Argueing on a forum would be a waste of time and talent. However, I do like theoretical discussions. Is that what we are having? Or is it an arguement? I dislike conflict, but I do enjoy provocative conversation topics. My INTJ friends and I do this ad infinitum. Is this just us? Nobody else does this?

2) Rocks? In a way, yes. INFJs are better at countering than initiating. For this reason when we do initiate we do so forcefully, thus assuring that we make an impression.

You may not like this tactic, but it is a useful one for INFJs to employ.

You have given me much data to work from on you. All you have are things you have inferred from my posts. Do you actually think this tells you anything about me? No. INFJs always put out feelers first. Always. Even on message boards if they are wise.

From the responses this experimenting provides, the INFJ can narrow down those who are likely to be good for interacting with. The criteria I am looking for has absolutely nothing to do with the post (you mind may leap there). If you think I am looking for people to "agree" with "my" arguement then you would be mistaken. I want them to respond naturally and let there personality show from there.

I know this sounds very convoluted but it is how we work. This topic is one that had spurred many lively discussions so I thought it would be a good "conversation starter".

You are free to judge both this methodoly and my success at implementing it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Flower View Post

If he's trolling, then don't feed him.
    Is it trolling to to posit a theory? Trolling is a waste of time.

MBTI
    INFP

1) I am very well schooled in how to make arguements. That however was not what I was doing. Argueing on a forum would be a waste of time and talent. However, I do like theoretical discussions. Is that what we are having? Or is it an arguement? I dislike conflict, but I do enjoy provocative conversation topics. My INTJ friends and I do this ad infinitum. Is this just us? Nobody else does this?
    Night was probably referring to a logical argument.. which is certainly not a waste of time and talent.