• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Theory of Dominae Intuitus

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
what is suppossed to happen?

Has it happened yet?

Most certainly.

As evidence, consider that the bulk of your material - certain derivative functions shared/divergent between MBTI types - has been all but dismissed in favor of lampooning your apparent prejudice.

Either you are unschooled in how to structure a well-devised argument, or you enjoy having rocks thrown at you.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
You make some good observations about these types fit in, but the rest seems a bit arbitrary and contrived to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for team building using typology, but this smacks of N elitism. And that's troublesome.

Team building can consist of any combo of types, provided you know the right ingredients of people. Yes, in theory your scheme could work. But so could hundreds of others.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Most certainly.

As evidence, consider that the bulk of your material - certain derivative functions shared/divergent between MBTI types - has been all but dismissed in favor of lampooning your apparent prejudice.

Either you are unschooled in how to structure a well-devised argument, or you enjoy having rocks thrown at you.

Ah, ENTPs. You guys are so game. I love it. Have a very good friend who is ENTP. Very game.

Anyway, to respond...

1) I am very well schooled in how to make arguements. That however was not what I was doing. Argueing on a forum would be a waste of time and talent. However, I do like theoretical discussions. Is that what we are having? Or is it an arguement? I dislike conflict, but I do enjoy provocative conversation topics. My INTJ friends and I do this ad infinitum. Is this just us? Nobody else does this?

2) Rocks? In a way, yes. INFJs are better at countering than initiating. For this reason when we do initiate we do so forcefully, thus assuring that we make an impression.

You may not like this tactic, but it is a useful one for INFJs to employ.

You have given me much data to work from on you. All you have are things you have inferred from my posts. Do you actually think this tells you anything about me? No. INFJs always put out feelers first. Always. Even on message boards if they are wise.

From the responses this experimenting provides, the INFJ can narrow down those who are likely to be good for interacting with. The criteria I am looking for has absolutely nothing to do with the post (you mind may leap there). If you think I am looking for people to "agree" with "my" arguement then you would be mistaken. I want them to respond naturally and let there personality show from there.

I know this sounds very convoluted but it is how we work. This topic is one that had spurred many lively discussions so I thought it would be a good "conversation starter".

You are free to judge both this methodoly and my success at implementing it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
1) I am very well schooled in how to make arguements. That however was not what I was doing. Argueing on a forum would be a waste of time and talent. However, I do like theoretical discussions. Is that what we are having? Or is it an arguement? I dislike conflict, but I do enjoy provocative conversation topics. My INTJ friends and I do this ad infinitum. Is this just us? Nobody else does this?

Night was probably referring to a logical argument.. which is certainly not a waste of time and talent.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
You make some good observations about these types fit in, but the rest seems a bit arbitrary and contrived to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for team building using typology, but this smacks of N elitism. And that's troublesome.

Team building can consist of any combo of types, provided you know the right ingredients of people. Yes, in theory your scheme could work. But so could hundreds of others.

Thank you for you considered response. Might I ask follow up questions?

Does having the "product" being N focused automatically make the organization N elite or N prejudiced?

What if it's just the "product"? The group's main "product" is N based.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
No, I understand.

I understand you're making blanket statements.

Blanket statements that put others down while putting yourself up.

Is that how you take it? What about an enterprise that the main product is S based. Wouldn't the model from origination to final output and support be inherintly different?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
hes speaking his opinion and his ideas...If you dont like it, give a reason why

i agree with wrath mania though

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
Thank you for you considered response. Might I ask follow up questions?

Does having the "product" being N focused automatically make the organization N elite or N prejudiced?

What if it's just the "product"? The group's main "product" is N based.

Forgive me for rushing into this headfirst, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'product'. Do you mean a system or organization, or a physical invention. Maybe a vibrator that plays "come all ye faithful" (disregard this, please)?

I'll cut to the chase: how can a product be N based? I don't get this concept. Anything out there has the potential to be used and enjoyed by any person, regardless of type: anyone could get something different out of it. This seems, no offense mind you, a little frivolous.

Also, I'll concede for a moment your group isn't N elitist. But visions without input from a strong variety of people can have a high probability of failure. Not always, and not with small projects, but for large productions, yes. Maybe I shouldn't say N-Elitist, but N-Blind.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Forgive me for rushing into this headfirst, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'product'. Do you mean a system or organization, or a physical invention. Maybe a vibrator that plays "come all ye faithful" (disregard this, please)?

I'll cut to the chase: how can a product be N based? I don't get this concept. Anything out there has the potential to be used and enjoyed by any person, regardless of type: anyone could get something different out of it. This seems, no offense mind you, a little frivolous.

Also, I'll concede for a moment your group isn't N elitist. But visions without input from a strong variety of people can have a high probability of failure. Not always, and not with small projects, but for large productions, yes. Maybe I shouldn't say N-Elitist, but N-Blind.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Four times I say "Thank you".

Okay, the "product" would be a thing or ability that would be REOCCURING. For example, if an athelete has certain S abilities, you can base an entire organization around not only what the S has done, what it can do, but what it will most likely be able to do in the foreseeable future.

Yes, once a N product has come to light and been broght out, others can get on board. I'm not talking about a one time N thing. I am talking about a functional model for basing a group's successful planning when THEIR BEST & MOST RELIABLE ABILITY & COMMODITY IS N. Not any particular N. The ability N.

Before any moves are made, I suggest varios levels of vetting the vision to avoid being "blind sided". No money would be spent until further along. Would this help alleviate the "blindness" potential? Avoiding "blindness" entirely is not a reasoable expectation for a N lead business/organization model because "blindness" is inherit to N. Obviously things will have to be felt out as the N visions work their way to fruition.

I eagerly await feedback

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
It'd be fun watch you have a round with BlueWing.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
It'd be fun watch you have a round with BlueWing.

That is one of the many reasons INFJs do things. So INFPs can watch. My girlfriend of six years is INFP. She likes to watch me go from silently unreadable to galvanizing entity and then back again. Well, she cringes too, but mainly she likes to watch.