• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are xNFJ's really as nice/caring as they appear?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Oh, they do care, but they also care selfishly. A lot of what they do is just so they can go on believing that they are great people underneath their idealist criteria.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, they do care, but they also care selfishly. A lot of what they do is just so they can go on believing that they are great people.

Nozzy, how could you say this?

After all I've done for you?

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
Nozzy, how could you say this?

After all I've done for you?

cuz I know you'd take all of that away from me in 0.05 seconds :p NFJs can be as quick to scorn as they are to love!

I want to find an INFJ whose love isn't contingent on anything. that'll impress me.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cuz I know you'd take all of that away from me in 0.05 seconds :p NFJs can be as quick to scorn as they are to love!

I want to find an INFJ whose love isn't contingent on anything. that'll impress me.
My love for you ever flows!

On a serious note, INFJ love (or I should say, my love, and have the other INFJs back it or not) is only contingent on the person meeting the minimal requirement of treating myself and others like human beings deserving of their respect. That's all. You'd be surprised how many people can't meet that.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP

You want to meet a person who's love isn't contingent on anything?

In other news blow up dolls are becoming increasingly popular.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Down Schnitzel!

But yes, I don't believe in selfless love either.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
You two miss the point, but you didn't care to! that's ok though, i still hart NFJs ;) even ones that don't understand who's/whose

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So many INFJ elements to consider. (ENFJs, I cannot say for sure.)

Because Ni (our dominant function) is vapor-like in nature, it is impossible to contain or outline. We form Fe-conclusions with this puzzling technology, but remain aware of the possibilities had we not. Our intentions are often multifarious, but well-meaning because though we are economical in action, we are generous with purpose. And we attempt to execute all of the above with the skill of tight-rope walkers, but obviously none of us are infallible. Mistakes will be made.

If I had to make a simple metaphor, INFJs are ballerinas with steel-toed slippers.

I believe the best friend I've ever had in the world was (is) an ENFJ. Heart first, head last, she trailed beautiful madness in her wake. I think ENFJs are like shooting stars that way. And like us, their controlled chaos is an art. They are the trapeze artists in our dazzling MBTI circus.

ENFJ_Catholic

MBTI Type
ENFJ
It is a tight-rope walk for me, too. I find it easy to care...hard for it to last at times since tendancies of being walked on do appear.

I believe the best friend I've ever had in the world was (is) an ENFJ. Heart first, head last, she trailed beautiful madness in her wake. I think ENFJs are like shooting stars that way. And like us, their controlled chaos is an art. They are the trapeze artists in our dazzling MBTI circus.

I like this description. Very flattering... and I want to believe it to be true! :blush:

Life is meant to be lived...and it is meant to be lived through love. If they treat me as a dignified human, I will at least hear them out. A man has to have his (limited) boundaries for Pete's sake. I will not be walked all over, over and over again. I refuse.

So selfless love is there but such that the other person is not a doormat. :hug:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Are xNFJ's really as nice/caring as they appear?

Yes they are. :yes:

:D

Kanamori

IME, they're even more caring than they appear to be, though sometimes cranky and therapeutic to pick on.:devil:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, often to their own detriment. There is also a tendency in them to see their self-worth through what they can do for other people (Enneagram 2) which is both lovely and sad sometimes.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a deep introvert, though, my empathy is fairly weak, and reading Pink's posts helps me understand that empathy isn't exactly all that it's cracked up to be.

It's not. Not at this acute level. Granted, I'm a very damaged person, so other NFJs might not relate to me. My INFJ dad and I are a VERY intense set of bookends. I see so much of myself in him and I know he sees himself in me, especially when I'm losing my temper. I can also see in his face when we're both silently reacting to something bad/upsetting. My sister says it's the same face we're wearing, like reflections. He and I both get surly when we feel threatened, or when what/whom we love is threatened, esp in a protracted situation where it's simply pure torture.

I don't trust ENFJs. They're friendly, and very supportive, but there is a certain barrier they will not be allowed to cross.

Haven't you heard? We're the devil. Dance with me in the pale moonlight.

Depends on the person.

The NFJ's unique interpersonal skills are used for good by some, and evil by others.

Most NFJs convince themselves that whatever they're doing is somehow FOR the greater good, but whether or not it's actually good will depend on what sort of morals they absorbed from the environment they grew up in. (Supposedly, Fe tends to take its moral bearings more from the external environment than does Fi.)

Won't deny that.

Oh, they do care, but they also care selfishly. A lot of what they do is just so they can go on believing that they are great people underneath their idealist criteria.

I love Wyatt Earp. Just because.

Your Fe is floating at the bottom of the pool. Everyone is selfish, and more over, if your feelings were exposed every single day to something you can't control, you'd snatch your hand back from the fire too.

lol - and now I love the Schnitz.

So many INFJ elements to consider. (ENFJs, I cannot say for sure.)

Because Ni (our dominant function) is vapor-like in nature, it is impossible to contain or outline. We form Fe-conclusions with this puzzling technology, but remain aware of the possibilities had we not. Our intentions are often multifarious, but well-meaning because though we are economical in action, we are generous with purpose. And we attempt to execute all of the above with the skill of tight-rope walkers, but obviously none of us are infallible. Mistakes will be made.

If I had to make a simple metaphor, INFJs are ballerinas with steel-toed slippers.

:heart:

Trying to keep my balance between fire and calm is a minute by minute problem for me. My support structure is vital. Sometimes I feel like I was built during a time of war, and not fighting is a concept hard for me to understand, even when I desperately want to know it. I'm a good girl, I promise.

No, what I meant was I feel like a puppy. Totally. *ahem*