• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] do you hate ENTPs

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I'm not sure if i like ENTPs. The only one I met made it his one mission to insult and try to provoke me every time I was around.

This is the reason why I try to avoid most EPs, not just ENTPs. In most cases, I'm sure that particular person doesn't mean anything personal. I may just be one of those people with a stick in his behind.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I wonder though why it seems the ENTP is the one remonstrated for having this 'deep effect' rather than the other person thinking about whether they perhaps ought to question why on earth they're so affected? I mean, to be so affected would surely mean you hold that person in very high esteem... how would that have come about if they're such an asshole as you're claiming? Question 2: why do you love assholes?

Honestly, I have always felt that ENTP act a bit pretentiously.

For example, I remember a- (suspected) ENTP asked a question during a lecture class. The way he stated it was very aggressive, as if he wasn't just asking for curiosity's sake, he was arguing with the teacher, not purely to discover the truth, but to trip her up in the process and prove his own of his cleverness.

Listening to this guy was like hearing nails on a chalk board or glass shattering because his mannerism were so pushy and abrasive to the atmosphere. This sort of behavior isn't inherently bad, but in this situation he wasn't really adding anything to the lecture. He just made himself look like a complacent jerk, in my opinion.

Anyway, when I sometimes watch ENTP (as well as ENFP & ESTP) behavior, I feel like they are putting on a show. Beneath what they say I hear, "Look at me! Aren't I brilliant?!" sometimes more loudly than what they actually said.

Of course, this is probably a problem on my part, not so much the ENTP in question. I guess instead of just blowing it off, I've let it get under my skin and effect my ego or something.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
]Anyway, when I sometimes watch ENTP (as well as ENFP & ESTP) behavior, I feel like they are putting on a show. Beneath what they say I hear, "Look at me! Aren't I brilliant?!" sometimes more loudly than what they actually said.
:huh:

Of course, this is probably a problem on my part, not so much the ENTP in question. I guess instead of just blowing it off, I've let it get under my skin and effect my ego or something.
Yup, and it is wise of you to realize this. ;)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyway, when I sometimes watch ENTP (as well as ENFP & ESTP) behavior, I feel like they are putting on a show. Beneath what they say I hear, "Look at me! Aren't I brilliant?!" sometimes more loudly than what they actually said.

We can be attention whores. Acknowledged.

T

ThatGirl

Honestly, I have always felt that ENTP act a bit pretentiously.

For example, I remember a- (suspected) ENTP asked a question during a lecture class. The way he stated it was very aggressive, as if he wasn't just asking for curiosity's sake, he was arguing with the teacher, not purely to discover the truth, but to trip her up in the process and prove his own of his cleverness.

Listening to this guy was like hearing nails on a chalk board or glass shattering because his mannerism were so pushy and abrasive to the atmosphere. This sort of behavior isn't inherently bad, but in this situation he wasn't really adding anything to the lecture. He just made himself look like a complacent jerk, in my opinion.

I refuse to engage in this arbitrary altracation with you due to the fact that I must tell my driver to get my limo serviced before heading to the lab where I have single handedly stumbled upon the cure for cancer, by accident, while looking for the soda that rolled under my seat. Its funny, I always do stuff like that. Brilliant ideas without even trying. Does this ever happen to you? No, of course it doesnt.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This is the reason why I try to avoid most EPs, not just ENTPs. In most cases, I'm sure that particular person doesn't mean anything personal. I may just be one of those people with a stick in his behind.

This is going to be fun, ok, come sit on my lap, got a nice little story to tell you:

First, the sensible (wo)man shall notice the guy found a 3 months old thread.
Evidently, the sensible (wo)man shall not immediatly point fingers and laugh at the poor kid, this would be WRONG.

Let's Rebuild the process:
T.Time +0second: "ofugur" sees Thread about how NF all want to be ENTPs
T.Time +1minute: Frantically hits the search button in a supposedly logical burst of mushy feelings
[God only knows how long he looked for it]: Finds some long dead post, try to post something that seems NOT to be driven by pure frustration.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I think they are 7 years old inside.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTPs have cooties.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They DO have cooties!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm sure he meant cookies.
and hey, two girls fighting, we need mud, LOTS of mud!