• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] do you hate ENTPs

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Is that the international sign of "I got your back, bro." between ENTPs?

Desert Flower

I'm not sure if i like ENTPs. The only one I met made it his one mission to insult and try to provoke me every time I was around. At a certain point, I had enough and told him all the stuff I had saved up from psychoanalyzing his personality. Now, he never speaks to me. He just gets this crazy look his eyes.:devil:.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not sure if i like ENTPs. The only one I met made it his one mission to insult and try to provoke me every time I was around. At a certain point, I had enough and told him all the stuff I had saved up from psychoanalyzing his personality. Now, he never speaks to me. He just gets this crazy look his eyes.:devil:.

I've had people report similar things about me. However, from my POV I thought I was just playing and joking around and had no idea they were taking it so personally (if at any point they'd told me I'd have stopped it straight away), so when they suddenly came out with this barrage of stuff that they 'knew' about me I just figured woah, back away from the crazy person!! And I've avoided them after that because I feel like if they can get so offended by me just playing then I can't feel comfy or able to relax around them in case they get offended. Like, if they can get offended by THAT, then I've no idea what I'm allowed to say with them. It always makes me sad though...

Desert Flower

However, from my POV I thought I was just playing and joking around and had no idea they were taking it so personally (if at any point they'd told me I'd have stopped it straight away), so when they suddenly came out with this barrage of stuff that they 'knew' about me I just figured woah, back away from the crazy person!!

:laugh: Yeah I could see how I probably freaked him out. But overall I think its for the best. I'm serious and very sensitive. All our interactions were sort of emotionally draining. It was almost like he viewed himself as some omniscient being and no one could see through his manipulations. He wanted to observe a person in enough settings and make mental connections about their personality. And if he thought you were weak he would try to control you and use your fears to crush you into the Earth. Even thinking about it now still sends chills down my spine and makes me feel sick. Plus, I felt like he was trying to beat me out of my shell because I wouldn't talk. And then when I finally "came out" with my list of grievances..he took off running in the other direction. I guess our personalities didn't "mesh well". Perhaps, I'll find another Entp that I can get along with.

*But looking at this now maybe he's an Estp (but he just seemed way too "awake"). I'm not sure if this is normal behavior:thinking:.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I love them. Well, like any type some are obviously assholes, but the good ones I love. I sort of relate to their worldview, the nothing-is-strange world of exploiting the rules of logic and perspective. A lot of people mistake me for something that would resemble an ENTP in real life, and I think thats cause my sense of humour is very ENTPish.

In an argument they can be harsh and almost intimidating in a "you are wrong" kind of way, but whatever. As some of you have said they sometimes seem to push your boundries to see where they will go.

Anyone who dresses up as a sideburn for halloween is my friend.

Quixotic

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not sure if I've ever known an ENTP personally, but I may be going on a limb here by saying that my former boss (and former love of my life) was an ENTP, albeit a rather unhealthy one. He didn't have baggage; he had trunks! But I digress. At his best, he was charming, enthusiastic, quick-witted, and extremely resourceful. I was always impressed by his ability to immediately size up a situation and draw credible conclusions with a snap of his fingers. haha. He also had very mercurial mood swings. One second he could be laughing his head off about something, but without warning and without any apparent provocation, his eyes could darken, and he'd get very bitter and launch into agitated tirades about how the world screwed him over. It was fascinating to observe him during conversations, unless I became the target of his outbursts...then not so much. haha. But I adored him in spite of his hang-ups. (we all have them.) His enthusiasm was infectious. It's a shame I don't know him anymore.

And I like Substitute too, so I can't think of any reason to dislike ENTPs. :)

Garfield the cat is pretty badical too.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Frikkin' ENTPs...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*kicks ENTPs in the groin*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*bites noses*

*pinches chests*

*writes dirty clever limericks*

*goes back to biting*

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
One of my best friends is an ENTP. At first it took me some time to adjust. He managed to piss me off a lot. It was mostly him being so careless and always late, like he didn't care if I had to wait some extra three hours somewhere. So, I gave him some life lessons, lol... and in few months he already developed into a slightly more considerate being. For example, he started to give me a call if he was going to be late, yay! He still after many years manages to piss me off... but in a good way. It's quite charming to be so annoying.

I sometimes think that INFJ+ENTP is an odd pair (despite being said to be an ideal pair). Like it was a miracle how well we connect.

I definitely don't hate ENTPs, but I only know one (whose type I know).

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think being recklessly inconsiderate is an ENTP thing. There's a difference between lacking some interpersonal sensitivity and being a straight-up asshole. Keeping someone waiting for 3 hours falls under the latter.

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I agree. I've met only one ENTP, so I'm not suggesting a pattern here.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
According to the "Simple test" in the other thread I am a ENTP :O

You know what bugs me? Going to a ENTP description page and seeing how there is a lot that applies even though most tests label you as ENFP...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an ENTP roommate and he's a lazy shit, a pain in the ass, a picky eater, but one of the awesomest friends I have. :D

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
ENTPs are awesome people in general.
What people don't understand about the ENTP often is that when he or she is being 'annoying' yet witty, he or she wants you to respond in a witty and enthusiastic manner as well.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
What people don't understand about the ENTP often is that when he or she is being 'annoying' yet witty, he or she wants you to respond in a witty and enthusiastic manner as well.

could be. the thing is though, it could just as easily mean anything. just yesterday i realized i was gazing very intently at a male friend of mine:

me: [thinking--gazing] huh. just look at how his hair sticks out on that one side... now that i think of it, it's always sticking out right there... looks like his hair grows um, counter-clockwise, i'd say... i wonder if the direction of hair growth is in anyway correlated to brain dominance... i should look that up later and see if any studies have been done... oh, crap, i've been staring... now, he's feeling awkward... say something quick before he feels self-conscious or thinks you're creepy

me: [out loud] wow. that's some hair swirl you've got going there.

him: :shock: