• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] do you hate ENTPs

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like Digest, ladylike or not. :)

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
I hate ENTPs with a passion. Ignorant, uncaring assholes that think they have a handle over everything.[/Q

I think ENTPs are wonderful. Bracing, but wonderful. I have an good freind who is ENTP. When this group gets together (INFJ, INFJ, INTJ, ENTP) outsiders would think we were coming to blows...until we bust out laughing. Is this dichotomy usual with ENTPs?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I think you are really lady like :wubbie:

But many people take our (ENxP's) over the top propensity to say whatever is on our minds at the moment, as very immature or annoying. Instead of not giving a shit (which is most of the time in my case) I just quickly pick up on that I don't need to be around this person until they get that stick surgically removed from his/her ass. I think as we mature we do start to understand that we are not for everyone, and with that I really have learned to tone it down or amp it up by reading my crowd. I am sure that you ENTP's are even better at that when your Fe is more balanced also.

Anyway, as your tertiary functional cousin... I feel you.

HAHAHAHA great!!!!!! :)))

Aww, Digest, ignore the people who have a big ol' oak tree up their asses. Eventually that life is too short to continually have it there.

Angry, I understand too.

And whoaaaaaaaa - cold hands under the shirt - duuuude..... LOL That's mean! ;) (I think Pink wrote that?!)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate people that don't hate ENTPs.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I hate ENTPs with a passion. Ignorant, uncaring assholes that think they have a handle over everything.

I think ENTPs are wonderful. Bracing, but wonderful. I have an good freind who is ENTP. When this group gets together (INFJ, INFJ, INTJ, ENTP) outsiders would think we were coming to blows...until we bust out laughing. Is this dichotomy usual with ENTPs?

knowing he is an ENTP, hes probably joking, in fact im pretty sure hes being sarcastic lol

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And whoaaaaaaaa - cold hands under the shirt - duuuude..... LOL That's mean! ;) (I think Pink wrote that?!)

He had it coming. Besides, he didn't mind it. Sitting on him, digging my knees into his back, jabbing his sides with my fingers. He was laughing and trying to get away. But alas. In vain! :D

You are deeply, deeply hated.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
When this group gets together [...] outsiders would think we were coming to blows...until we bust out laughing. Is this dichotomy usual with ENTPs?

Totally normal. The number of times my brother and a couple of friends and I have been talking just the way we enjoy and always talk to each other, and someone (usually my mom, sister etc) will come in and say "Oh will you lot stop ARGUING!!??" and they say things like "I can only be around you lot for a short period at a time, the way you're always at each other's throats gets to me after a while, it's draining."

And we're like :blink: when are we ever at each other's throats?? :laugh:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm sometimes surprised by the people that seem to like me. I'm thinking, "I was never really that nice to you. What's the deal?"

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm sometimes surprised by the people that seem to like me. I'm thinking, "I was never really that nice to you. What's the deal?"

:yes:

Then I later find out that they have lots of issues in their past or something that most people judge them for, and although all I did for them was just not judge them. accept and talk to them like anyone else and not really care about their past, to them that was worth its weight in gold. But I didn't do that to be good or nice or even on purpose. I just didn't 'not' do it because it's not in my nature to not be that way.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Totally normal. The number of times my brother and a couple of friends and I have been talking just the way we enjoy and always talk to each other, and someone (usually my mom, sister etc) will come in and say "Oh will you lot stop ARGUING!!??" and they say things like "I can only be around you lot for a short period at a time, the way you're always at each other's throats gets to me after a while, it's draining."

And we're like :blink: when are we ever at each other's throats?? :laugh:

Good to know. This element is not there when he my ENTP friend isn't present but we love it when he is around! Feels like you didn't just talk about something. Feels like you slapped it around and made it spill it's beans :)

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
What someone once told me is that when he sees me and the ENTP's chillling we tend to speak in yelling. No animosity really going on, but from the outside its seams like a sadomasachist reunion.

ArtlessFuture

MBTI Type
INFP
What someone once told me is that when he sees me and the ENTP's chillling we tend to speak in yelling

Lol, my dad is an ENTP and yes he likes to debate everything. It comes across as a little scary perhaps but you get used to it. If you realize they aren't angry it probably helps.

I have to say the only (confirmed) ENTP I know is my dad. We get along quite well, and from reading the description of ENTPs, I think I would like to know more of them :)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
What someone once told me is that when he sees me and the ENTP's chillling we tend to speak in yelling. No animosity really going on, but from the outside its seams like a sadomasachist reunion.

haha ya my good friend is an ENTP and we always tend to have trouble in borders or barnes and noble because of our "yelling" problem

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Heh. :hug: Well I don't hate you so take THAT! :tongue10:

He had it coming. Besides, he didn't mind it. Sitting on him, digging my knees into his back, jabbing his sides with my fingers. He was laughing and trying to get away. But alas. In vain! :D

You are deeply, deeply hated.

Whoaaaaa, sounds like a bit of kinky fun!!! ;) I should try that with my husband sometime!!!

Heh. Yeah, people tell me all the time that I talk too loud. Damn it. I don't talk too loudly - you talk too softly!!!!!! And anyway, we have to get this enunciation, elocution, and correct rhetoric going on here, and that means not talking quietly like a mouse. And anyway, it is fun. (Except when you have laryngitis. Heh. So yeah.

Lol, my dad is an ENTP and yes he likes to debate everything. It comes across as a little scary perhaps but you get used to it. If you realize they aren't angry it probably helps.

I have to say the only (confirmed) ENTP I know is my dad. We get along quite well, and from reading the description of ENTPs, I think I would like to know more of them :)

Muhahaha, I do this all the time too.

Sometimes I swear there is a little ENTP :devil: <--- DEVIL hidden underneath all the layers of loving tenderness. Muahahhahahhahahhaha.

*rubs hands together with glee*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha ya my good friend is an ENTP and we always tend to have trouble in borders or barnes and noble because of our "yelling" problem

LOL @ "yelling problem".

Sounds like me and Taco (ENFJ male friend). For unfettered gesticulating bombast, there is no equal to two ENFJs having a go. Our last conversation had something to do with the Highlander's giant forehead and Hello Kitty chasing people through woods.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
For all the NFs out there, do you hate ENTPs

No. But then again, I don't really know enough to hate.

I think I love them, but I only know one and that's my own mom. She gets me. Like REALLY gets me. She is completely candid, funny, random and spontaneous like me. And, at the same time, she still appreciates my NFness and asks my advice whenever she has to write a gushy card or give a meaningful speech.

She also let's me talk as much as I want without getting all emotionally wacky on me (she calls herself my "journal entry"). That's why I love Ts in general. They are great deflectors of all the emotional hoopla. They don't deal with it at all. It's nice having the understanding that compassion is there, even if it is not always externally communicated.

I think though, one of my favorite ENTP qualities is their ability to find amusement in their own humor versus the need to be affirmed in it. Does that make sense? For example, I think I'm funny, but I almost need other people to think so too. My ENTP mom thinks she's funny and she doesn't care if anyone else thinks so. She just laughs at herself. It's very entertaining.

T

ThatGirl

Every time I see an ENTP I just want to hold my fist in the air and shake it real hard at them, shake it good.............that will show them!