• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] do you hate ENTPs

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I seriously can't see anyone hating ENTP's... Well then again, I have seen when one gets pissed at you for being retarded...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can well imagine people finding us annoying or maybe even scary at times, but surely they realize that we're basically benevolent? :unsure:

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
ENTPs are not for sensitive people. Especially not for ones with low self-esteem. :D

But I like ENTPs. I don't love them, but I like them.

One of my friends is an ENTP. She's very clever, argumentative and opinionated and definitely straightforward when speaking - and she loves teasing others - but I can see she clearly doesn't mean anything bad with that. In the end she's a very nice person.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
For all the NFs out there, do you hate ENTPs

A) I don't anyone.
B) My best friend is an ENTP.

so no lol I defintely do not hate ENTP's. Let's try to not hate. Specifically not hate types. You will find someone that rubs you the wrong way in each and every type. I promise haha.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPs are not for sensitive people. Especially not for ones with low self-esteem. :D

I don't get why people keep saying things like this. Maybe it's just particularly immature or unbalanced ENTP's who have this effect, but I'm always being told I'm very tactful and that I have a habit of really encouraging people and building them up. In my work it's always me that gets sent to deal with anything sensitive because I have a good grasp of an individual atmosphere or vibe and know how to tread carefully.

Also, regarding the high premium placed on empathy (apparently) by NF's and some of the more timid types, I think sympathy is greatly underrated... I don't FEEL other people's emotions myself, but I can quickly and easily grasp their situation and imagine how it would feel and care deeply about helping them and being a positive force in their lives.

I've guessed that this and the fact that I accept people and don't judge them, is the reason why 'misfits' and people with lots of issues often seem to magnetize to me.

I can see xNTJ's being the kind of person who can easily decimate a person's self-esteem without even realizing it, but... :huh:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
no, leysing is right. if you read "sensitive people" as people who get offended easily and/or take themselves way too seriously, then he/she was very right.

i was told by some stranger who IMed me that after reading my posts, he felt i needed to know that i'm "not ladylike", and he said it in such a way (he made the context clear) that he genuinely felt like i was supposed to fall apart when i heard his opinion. when i responded honestly with, "and i'm supposed to just automatically care what some stranger thinks of me, why?", he took it upon himself to attempt to self-righteously harass the hell out of me, until i had to block him... while laughing.

people like that, perfect strangers and even sometimes, good friends with a high opinion of themselves, can't stand us, and the biggest reason is because we (well, me definitely) honestly couldn't care less about what they think about us and don't have a problem saying it.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ohhh. I thought you meant like a typically shy and retiring, yet actually fairly secure and well-adjusted INFP.

What you shoulda said then was "they're not for assholes". But then, who is?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think I've met any in real life besides a couple of my students, who are really cool!!!! So if that's any indication....They are some really neat folks.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ohhh. I thought you meant like a typically shy and retiring, yet actually fairly secure and well-adjusted INFP.

What you shoulda said then was "they're not for assholes". But then, who is?

and, besides the fact that we genuinely don't care about another's opinion of us unless they've earned it, it's in our best interest, or we first cared about them as a person, that's the other reason why we live just fine with being hated.

the ones who don't like us are assholes.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, leysing is right. if you read "sensitive people" as people who get offended easily and/or take themselves way too seriously, then he/she was very right.

i was told by some stranger who IMed me that after reading my posts, he felt i needed to know that i'm "not ladylike", and he said it in such a way (he made the context clear) that he genuinely felt like i was supposed to fall apart when i heard his opinion. when i responded honestly with, "and i'm supposed to just automatically care what some stranger thinks of me, why?", he took it upon himself to attempt to self-righteously harass the hell out of me, until i had to block him... while laughing.

people like that, perfect strangers and even sometimes, good friends with a high opinion of themselves, can't stand us, and the biggest reason is because we (well, me definitely) honestly couldn't care less about what they think about us and don't have a problem saying it.
Not very ladylike!

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
I hate ENTPs with a passion. Ignorant, uncaring assholes that think they have a handle over everything.

redacted

i love ENTPs, especially girls (only know two though, and one i'm avoiding like the plague since she's my ex and she'll manipulate the hell out of me)

out of all the people i regularly hang out with (more than one time a week), i'd say five of them are ENTP.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Eh, I actually can't quite fathom hating someone because of their type.

Maybe it is because I haven't gotten to the point that I can type people in real life and then put together all the people I hate and realize they are a certain type.

I enjoy all of the ENTP's posts on this board, for whatever thats worth.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LoL.

After having had a relationship with one for 2 years? At first, I really did, but now I realize it was just who he was as a person.

In general, ENTPs are pretty comedic/extremely intelligent. They always have something funny/witty to say.

It was a pretty keep-me-on-my-toes INTENSE relationship- usually, lots of debates.. felt like a sadomasochistic romance.

I pinned mine under a bulldozer and put my cold hands up his shirt. Oh the shouting, wiggling around and profanities. :D

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP

Well I think you are really lady like :wubbie:

But many people take our (ENxP's) over the top propensity to say whatever is on our minds at the moment, as very immature or annoying. Instead of not giving a shit (which is most of the time in my case) I just quickly pick up on that I don't need to be around this person until they get that stick surgically removed from his/her ass. I think as we mature we do start to understand that we are not for everyone, and with that I really have learned to tone it down or amp it up by reading my crowd. I am sure that you ENTP's are even better at that when your Fe is more balanced also.

Anyway, as your tertiary functional cousin... I feel you.