User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFs only, do you consider yourself hypersensitive?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

66 77.65%
  • No

19 22.35%
First 56789 Last

MBTI
    iNFj

I used to be far more sensitive than I am now, or perhaps I've just adapted to it. When really young, I preferred being alone or with other kids to being with adults; their emotions were too complicated and large for me to understand, and so I was just left with this huge wall of feeling that I couldn't cope with and would eventually internalize. Kids were much easier and simpler. To this day I can not and will not tolerate being around a person who takes their emotions out on others, and if I have to, I am incredibly quick to tell them, do not take your shit out on me, I have nothing to do with it. I also cannot handle toxic situations for long, and will leave a job or relationship very quickly if the people involved can't deal with their emotions in a healthy way.

On the other hand, when it comes to personal relationships, I tend to be incredibly thick, never knowing or realizing someone is interested in me unless they actually say it. I think that's to compensate for the fact that so often people SAY one thing and DO something else. For me, if I feel something, I react in what I feel is a very predictable manner. Many times others don't, though. It made absolutely no sense to me, how they could shut their emotions down like that, and why they would want to. I still wonder, but now I just accept it and realize that if they are so unrealized, I don't really want them around me.

MBTI
    ENFj

Well the way I would describe myself is that sometimes the most minute comments can make me very happy and very mad while other "larger" things don't. I also tend to get emotional charges and discharges.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't think I'm hypersensitive, but some my past actions would probably say otherwise. For example, I can sit through violent movies without having a problem because I know it's fake. On the feeling side of this I can pick up other people's energy, positive or negative. That sucks because sometimes I don't know where exactly the location of the feelings are coming from.

MBTI
    UFO

2 feet rises and drops in a usually straight lined roller coaster overwhelm me profusely.

So yes, I guess you can say I'm sensitive. Hyper sensitive? Not so much.

MBTI
    INFP

Yea I'm pretty sensitive. Under stress I'd be considered hypersensitive. It sucks. It kinda feels like being born hypersensitive is the reason I'm an INFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

nah...only about a select few things i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I think it's possible to be hypersensitive without being aware of it.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...maybe.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

When I answered the question, I was thinking in the sensory way. I'm a Highly Sensitive Person in that way -- bright lights, too much stimulation, easy startle reflex, I can feel every fiber in every piece of clothing, I hear all the machines hum (the printer, the air flow, the fan in my computer) and am conscious of their pitch. People talking on their phones round me, I can hear every conversation. It's hard for me to concentrate after only a couple of hours because I'm burnt out already. Shopping in places where there is loud piped in music, especially if there's more than one song going on at once, I can't stay in there.

I'm also sensitive to the emotional environment and to how other people feel. I pick it up like a sponge. If someone else is insulted or embarrassed, I get the stab in my heart and I blush right along with them. If people I work with are fighting or angry, it's debilitating to me -- it will eventually break me down to tears. If it goes on long enough, it will make my back hurt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Would you call yourself hypersensitive?

Sensitivity implies acute awareness of an entity, so in this case I have in mind an acute awareness of emotion.
    Yes, maybe, but not sentimental. Emotional yes but not tender. Easily moved but not gullible.