User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFs only, do you consider yourself hypersensitive?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

66 77.65%
  • No

19 22.35%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Hm.. that's a thing as well. I'm not sensitive in that I react easily to things, only in that I notice them. I guess it's the Fi again.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

The main emotion I feel is annoyance/rage. I get annoyed super easily, but I rarely do anything drastic about it. I spaz a lot though, but nobody seems to ever freaking stop! I hate the jerky movements of Js as they try to touch me. I hate being touched. Unless it's very, very gently. >:[
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

I would have to say yes... I am very much aware of the emotional states of those around me, sometimes to the point of being uncomfortable about it. So I guess that makes me "hypersensitive"...then again, I think the term certainly does seem to have a negative ring to it, doesn't it? As in, "my GOD, you are so SENSITIVE!" And I'm not one of those that takes umbrage at every little thing... I think those of us with heightened sensitivity that aren't needy/borderline-crazy people need to take back the term and create a flag...and wave it proudly.
    LD

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Yeah... yeah... everyone voted no because they thought hypersensitive was something deragatory...

I'd be complimented if someone said I was hypersensitive to pure thought...that'd mean the same thing as 'very analytical and is or has potential to excell at pure reason'...
    That's because hypersensitivity isn't acute perception of feelings. It's an overblown emotional response. It IS deragatory.

(i'm distraught because in the little smilie menu the smilie to the right of the headphones smilie is in love with him but the headphones smilie is too preoccupied with his music to care. the love will never be returned. it's so tragic! i can't bear it!!! i think i'll write a sincere, heartfelt poem about it)

The NFs that voted no don't think they have overblown emotional responses. The NFs that voted yes think they do. I'm surprised that any NFs at all voted yes.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It would be interesting to compare the number of rants per capita on this site vs. INTPc. Just a wee little curiosity regarding overreaction.

edit: actually overreaction has more to do with being spoilt - being accustomed to getting whatever you wish through dramatic means. Usually this is a skill learned by age two or so. For some it is a life strategy.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It would be interesting to compare the number of rants per capita on this site vs. INTPc. Just a wee little curiosity regarding overreaction.
    so you don't think that any situation warrants a rant?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    so you don't think that any situation warrants a rant?
    A rant is by nature an overreaction, right? Maybe people need to overreact at times. The frequency of rants could be a way to measure overly sensitive responses to things. My main point is that overreactions don't seem to be the domain of a personality type - even an F or T thing. It has as much to do with how a person was raised and other factors.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    A rant is by nature an overreaction, right? Maybe people need to overreact at times. The frequency of rants could be a way to measure overly sensitive responses to things. My main point is that overreactions don't seem to be the domain of a personality type - even an F or T thing. It has as much to do with how a person was raised and other factors.
    I tend to think that what constitutes an 'overreaction' is itself subjective. But I agree that what can subjectively be construed as an overreaction transcends type.
    I don't wanna!

Booyalab:"That's because hypersensitivity isn't acute perception of feelings. It's an overblown emotional response. It IS deragatory."

Sure, you bet it's deragatory...the way you define it, in the latter sense. But not all who are emotionally "hypersensitive" (much more sensitive to their emotional environment - that's the way I take it here) are going to have "overblown emotional responses" and I think describing people as such is just another way to dismiss them. And I have had interactions with hystrionic people and can see the difference. Can you?
    LD

(Yeah, I'm a NOOB and will eventually figure out how to quote correctly...promise...)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by laughing dolphin View Post
    Sure, you bet it's deragatory...the way you define it, in the latter sense. But not all who are emotionally "hypersensitive" (much more sensitive to their emotional environment - that's the way I take it here) are going to have "overblown emotional responses" and I think describing people as such is just another way to dismiss them. And I have had interactions with hystrionic people and can see the difference. Can you?
    LD
    The definition of hypersensitive is excessively sensitive. Excessive is also in the definition of overblown. Overblown emotions is the same thing as hypersensitivity.
    I don't wanna!