MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Cool, you got me though.

MBTI
    INTP

Yea I was gonna keep it going but I didn't wanna have the reputation of hardcore drug addict.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    NF

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Yea I was gonna keep it going but I didn't wanna have the reputation of hardcore drug addict.
    I've seen people struggle more getting rid of the reputation than the habit.
    Last edited by hugin; 11-02-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelung

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    INTJs are not likely to experiment. They're more likely to outright abuse.

Experimentation is probably more like an ISP thing.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Don't do it! It's the gateway drug! All downhill from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Not trying to tell people to try it out or anything but I've smoken marijuana and I never did anything heavier nor would I ever do.
    Who starts with speed or ecstasy? It all starts with smoking pot with a friend or at a party, then you smoke with a group of friends, then you smoke alone. All drugs follow the same pattern, and once you've tried pot, the odds of you trying heavy drugs are through the roof when compared to someone who hadn't smoked pot.

Sure, there are plenty of people who only smoke weed (and function normally, at that), but when you get somebody else to smoke it you don't know what kind of addict they have the potential to become.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm an ENFP and have been addicted to opiates for two years now. Curiously, what I found is that, even though I commonly can't finish anything I start and have a real problem with perseverance, I seem to have no problem with continuing using every day, even though it has become a routine and there's nothing I supposedly hate more. I guess addiction doesn't take stock of MBTI types. Sure, it's easier for us Ne types to become addicted, since we're so hooked from the beginning on novelty and sensationalism. But I guess a J would break a habit faster than I would, because we Ps are so wired to seek instant gratification and we can't ever behave rationally -- that is, sacrifice a smaller gratification now for the sake of a bigger satisfaction later.
    ENFP / 7w6

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -- Aristotle

http://jurma.wordpress.com
    http://jurma.deviantart.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Maybe this is just my observation, but I'm convinced INFPs struggle the most with addiction and depression issues. Perhaps it comes from being very sensitive and being loners, as well as the combination of introverted feeling and extroverted intuition. Three close friends of mine who are all INFPs have struggled with substance abuse issues (ranging from marijuana to cocaine to heroin), and all three to me seem to have a history of depression as well. All three had serious issues with marijuana (sometimes in combination with other things). I support the legalization of marijuana and I think it is very possible to use marijuana without becoming addicted, but these three were the "wake-and-bake" type who had to smoke up before leaving their room in the morning and would smoke before going to class or to work. Very sad, and I often am unsure what to do as I see a friend descending into this mess. Luckily one girl finally went to AA and is about to celebrate six months of sobriety, but another friend (the apartmentmate of my fiance and I, actually) smokes himself just about catatonic every day and it's hard to know what to do to help. We've tried heart-to-hearts with him but he gets very defensive. I guess a person has to be ready to change. I've also noticed that these three all tend toward unhealthy, emotionally abusive relationships.

Anyway, anyone else noticed substance abuse/depression issues with INFPs?

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    72w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

i'm an enfp and i believe drug experimentation is almost necissary for the human experience...at least hallucinagens
    "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law...
    Love is the law;
    Love under will
    " - Aleister Crowley

MBTI
    INTP

I think most ISTPs, whether or not they had a nagging interest in trying drugs, would at least be open to the possibility.

I once saw on a type description page for ISTP "Willing to try anything once," which definitely fits. I would try anything once, except death :p -- you only get one shot at that.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm an ENTJ and I have experimented with all kinds of drugs.
    Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain.