User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default How is Ne used exactly?

Are there clear examples of this function that anyone can throw in here? I'm baffled that it's my dominant funtion because I do not fully understand it. And I don't think I could ever grasp introverted intuition, but because its such a mystery, I'm tempted to say that I would trade Ne for Ni in a heartbeat. That's neither here nor there, but does anyone have any thoughts? Teach me!

MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    INTP

Personally for me it's that experience of having a number of different things flood your mind when you look at something, or think about it. It's like your chasing a subconscious idea in your head of something thats based on a loose association, but its only a 100% clear after the fact.

It sounds completely random at first to everyone else(including me), but after a little time I can sort it out pretty thoroughly to clarify. I think it's like a really good complex associative recall.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Or you know.. that.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP

Thanks for that link, I read Bluewing's post first and was intrigued but not satisfied.

p. 198: "...to leap from a few immediate cues to a quick impression of the whole..."

Defines the way that I feel like I understand all 16 types and communicate to people accordingly, even though I'm probably oversimplifying a very complex subject.

MBTI
    ENFP

Think of it this way:

Were you ever talking with someone about a certain topic, and all of the sudden one little word they said brought up an idea in your head that made you immedietly have to blurt it out in what seems to be a total change in topic to the other person when in reality it was really a quite logical jump in your own head?

Well that is an example of Ne.

RUN ONS FTW...

MBTI
    ENFP

Another example is being able to understand and explain things in different ways.

Have you ever understood a theory really quickly and then were able to relay it in much more laymen or totally different terms to another person so that it would make sense? I.E. explaining CPU's in terms of washing machines or acid/base buffer systems in terms of fish in an aquarium.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Personally for me it's that experience of having a number of different things flood your mind when you look at something, or think about it. It's like your chasing a subconscious idea in your head of something thats based on a loose association, but its only a 100% clear after the fact.

It sounds completely random at first to everyone else(including me), but after a little time I can sort it out pretty thoroughly to clarify. I think it's like a really good complex associative recall.
    I like your first hand account. It sounds much like what I do, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Another example is being able to understand and explain things in different ways.

Have you ever understood a theory really quickly and then were able to relay it in much more laymen or totally different terms to another person so that it would make sense? I.E. explaining CPU's in terms of washing machines or acid/base buffer systems in terms of fish in an aquarium.
    Yes!! This is what makes ENTPs good professors, I guess.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know, I honestly don't know how it works... it just comes totally naturally to me and I can't imagine not being able to do what I do with it... or why on earth I'd choose any other way of doing things...

To me nothing ever seems random, everything is connected pretty much, I can instantly see connections between just about anything and anything else and I don't get really why anyone else can't. I can also adapt very quickly and easily to new information and circumstances and I can't imagine for the life of me how or why anyone can continue in a certain way when they have the information right before their eyes that demands change... why the hell would anyone want to continue in error?? It baffles me...

One thing MBTI has taught me though is not to think people are stupid because they can't use Ne the way I do... but the reason I used to think they were was because I never thought my *being* able to do it was anything special.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Do you recall where that one discussion was, Sub, where you and me and Digest and Xander and some others explored Ne dominance in a lot of detail?

Haven't found it yet...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft