User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you recall where that one discussion was, Sub, where you and me and Digest and Xander and some others explored Ne dominance in a lot of detail?

Haven't found it yet...
    Was that the one with someone mentioning the word hat and how it conjured up the images of cat in the hat, Dr. Seuss, Napoleon, George Washington, Cow boys and splat?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Was that the one with someone mentioning the word hat and how it conjured up the images of cat in the hat, Dr. Seuss, Napoleon, George Washington, Cow boys and splat?
    I think the thread I was imagining was more focused on ENTP.

But the one you describe sounds like fun!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP

I think the thread I was imagining was more focused on ENTP.

But the one you describe sounds like fun!
    Lol, sorry to be of no help.

MBTI
    ENTP

Do you recall where that one discussion was, Sub, where you and me and Digest and Xander and some others explored Ne dominance in a lot of detail?

Haven't found it yet...
    What do you think?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    What do you think?
    yes?

...stop toying with me!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Sorry, no. I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch three hours ago... and yet I can memorize entire movie scripts... if I ever work out how my memory works so I can remember the things I want to, I'll let you know!

actually, I say that, but I've an inkling it was part of one of those ENTP threads in the NT forum... no, it's okay, no need to send me flowers and chocolates as thanks for whittling it down so precisely
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    actually, I say that, but I've an inkling it was part of one of those ENTP threads in the NT forum... no, it's okay, no need to send me flowers and chocolates as thanks for whittling it down so precisely
    Sorry, I already ate the flowers and smelled the chocolate here.

Guess I'll actually have to LOOK. Sigh.

EDIT: Well, look at that -- it was in the "How to Catch an ENTP Guy" thread.

I have linked to Page 2. There's some discussion of Ne vs Ni, at least, but you'd see how Ne-dominant might play out.

MBTI
    INTP

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/player2000gi/jungian_functions.htm">Visual representation</a>

I find that page very helpful when thinking about the 8 cognitive functions.

Extroverted Sensing deals more with objects in the world, whereas extroverted iNtuition deals with underlying meanings and possibilities associated with said object. The object itself is not important.

Introvert iNtuition deals with meanings and possibilities too, but it is focused internally. It involves mental imagery, realizing profound meanings and far reaching symbols. The external stimuli need not be present. Many INFJ's, with Ni and Fe, feel they are in some way "psychic."

So then Ne takes in external information with iNtuition. It does not see the object, but sees its meaning, it's purpose or its relationship to other things. Because of this, Ne is a quick learner because the incoming information is already connected to its intuitive meaning.

MBTI
    ENFP

This post is making me wonder if I'm really an ENFJ. I mean, someone saying the word "hat" would not conjure up that many images at once. Also, I have some problems with Bluewing's ENFP profile (and perhaps others?) which said that enfp's involuntarily submit to authority. I make it a point to question the legitamacy of any authority. But I do suck the life out of something and then just move on- and I'm unequivically scatterbrained. I'm going to have to mull this over.

Edit: If I'm off this forum in a week, does that make me an ENFP?

Edit: I did start about ten threads at once before just falling asleep.

Edit: "Ne is a quick learner because the incoming information is already connected to its intuitive meaning."
    One of the fastest learners I know.

Major in Psychology minor in philosophy

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, ENFJ sounds farther and farther off. Also, look at the number of edits on this post!! But it's ok- now the post is "perfect"