ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    dude wtf?

you're not even talking about F and T.
    lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I really can't believe organized thinking processes being executed with either of the F functions. When someone is adept in leading the opinions of others or planning how a group of people will react emotionally, they are actually using T to organize and plan and F to evaluate situations and to form the data for the problem-solving process.

The process may be data-driven, in which case it's a F-driven process, just executed with T.

Proficiency in organized thinking is not demonstrated when someone exhibits some classical Fi/Fe skills; adorable, great host/hostess, nice, sociable, in touch with their feelings and the motivations of others and such.

There are a lot of people combining T and F skillfully, for example in diplomacy, negotiations, poker, and in a multitude of entertainment industry professions.

Everyone has to use almost all of the functions in order to work. I'm also not arguing that people with preferred F can't think; I'm arguing about functions, not people.

I'm arguing against the popular idea of F functions being "just as good" for thinking as T. Usually the adherents of the idea are quite logical, just more people/values/community driven. With such people, the actions are logical for the most part, at least what it seems like on the top. Then there's the core of F-driven preferences - values - which I reduced to a ranking of "likes" and "hates".

Such people may feel their motivation and thought processes being F-driven, and they may want to describe the process as "thinking with F", "F-thinking" or such. I'm arguing the phenomenon is best explained by describing the use of F functions as something that supplies data, evaluates personally meaningful issues and such, whereas it's T they use for organizing the data in an intelligent way.

The core of F seems anything but "thinking" to me, tho both can be utilized at the same time for good results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]