• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why Fs are smarter than Ts

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a theory (it's not mine...I just found it somewhere I can't remember)that seems to annoy my NT friends (mainly INTJs)...and here it is: the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it, it's the social complexities that causes our most evolved bran functions to evolve...I'm just saying, social dynamics are not "irrational"...they are so compex and quickly changing and the quantities so rich and varied, the qualities so universal and regional at the same time...well you need a big brain for that don't you?...

by the way, I'm in total awe of what INTJs can do...but I like messing with them too...so let's just go crazy with this until one of the NT sees us...then it will be on...

:party:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
If you were smarter than me, you wouldn't live in Long Beach.

/thread

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, brilliant. Anyone have a pin, I think something needs a little deflating... :rolli:

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
If you were smarter than me, you wouldn't live in Long Beach.

/thread

ouch...brutal, man...but it's good to know that you do actually have feelings...rage is a feeling...didn't it feel good?...come on...just a little?...you know it did...now go home and think to yourself "self, maybe we should try exercising our feelings more"...i'm telling you, you will want to thank me...which is cool because I when I get further in my masterplan (Intuitive Utopia) then I think there will be some math involved I'm sure...aaaaand...well, I suck at math...so I was really hoping to make some INTP friends...this wasn't a good start was it?...sorry...I'll be better...okay, I really am sorry because I just lied to you...I'm not going to be better...well maybe a little...no, that was a lie too...damn it!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ouch...brutal, man...but it's good to know that you do actually have feelings...rage is a feeling...didn't it feel good?...come on...just a little?...you know it did...now go home and think to yourself "self, maybe we should try exercising our feelings more"...i'm telling you, you will want to thank me...which is cool because I when I get further in my masterplan (Intuitive Utopia) then I think there will be some math involved I'm sure...aaaaand...well, I suck at math...so I was really hoping to make some INTP friends...this wasn't a good start was it?...sorry...I'll be better...okay, I really am sorry because I just lied to you...I'm not going to be better...well maybe a little...no, that was a lie too...damn it!

How old are you?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The worst thing is that there is a slight chance he might be correct after all... :huh:

epsilon72

MBTI Type
INtP
Thems fightin' words.

(..I do see your point though)

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Did this belief influence your choice of girlfriend?

no, I had the girlfriend a long time before I had the theory...oh, I don't actually believe this theory...it stuck in my head when I heard it...naturally I mentioned it to my INTJ friends...it got a good reaction...well not good, but very enlightening :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The worst thing is that there is a slight chance he might be correct after all... :huh:

Nope.

F types are good with social and moral complexities -- the rest are not their forte. So people are the realm of F types, and Ts get... everything else. And does specialization not breed weakness?

The reason they're on even footing is because, being human ourselves, Ts cannot separate themselves from all things 'F', just as F types cannot separate themselves from the harsh realities of an impersonal world.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The reason they're on even footing is because, being human ourselves, Ts cannot separate themselves from all things 'F', just as F types cannot separate themselves from the harsh realities of an impersonal world.

Of course, of course... But that wasn't the point.

It's rather about how our brains evolved, and why.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
You unnerve me, MM. It might be all the ellipsis. You know, or something else.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not sure if being a F or a T has anything to do with being more intelligent.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
How old are you?

I can smell my 35th birthday coming up...and my archtypes (the people I talk to in my head...or out loud when I'm alone) tell me I must prepare for a period of extensive extroversion so that I can "balance" myself...apparently (according to Mr. Jung or some such) I have about 15 years to get this accomplished...15 years of being extroverted?...out among the Sensors?...I don't know if I can handle it...(sigh)...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
"Smarter?"

Why do people attempt to measure intelligence like height..?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure if being a F or a T has anything to do with being more intelligent.

cuz it doesn't-but those who are inadequate think so

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Intelligence is probably not the right word to use here. "Coping resources", maybe?

I do not reject the idea that F-types may have more ways or strategies to adapt than us T-types. I'm not sure, but that's a definite possibility. I'm open to it.