• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why Fs are smarter than Ts

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
eh, it's just a theory. don't think the guy is meant to offend. we can go through this kind of stuff like adults. maybe this will put an end to the T > F threads.

I don't think I want to attend that meeting, my head might explode out of sheer complexity.

...Did I just lose my INTJ card?

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Judging intelligence and a level of being "smarter" is fool hardy. In the world, no matter who it is, you will find everyone is smarter then you in something. Believing otherwise is arrogance.

It just depends I guess what you value on being part of your measurement scale of being "smarter".

Edit: After reading more of this thread...we have gone thermonuclear lol "WTF is this shit" is classic.

ixquic_creation

MBTI Type
INFP
To measure intelligance is absurd.

What TYPE of intelligance, to start with??

For example... logically, I run circles around my counterparts. I'm (forgive the superego) a hellava lot more intelligent than most people my age. And there's a few "adults" that I leave in the dust.

But my introversion holds me back. I can write down what I want to say. When I put the pen to the paper, I exactly what my ideas and thoughts are. But a DEBATE? A conversation? Lord no! A person with a lower IQ could probably quick my ass in 2.5 seconds.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
That's from a thesis written by a friend of mine. He's an INTJ, by the way, so you can't claim the theory upsets all of them.

If that's the case, he must have copypasted from Malcom Gladwell's "The Tipping Point".

T

ThatGirl

I have a theory (it's not mine...I just found it somewhere I can't remember)that seems to annoy my NT friends (mainly INTJs)...and here it is: the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it, it's the social complexities that causes our most evolved bran functions to evolve...I'm just saying, social dynamics are not "irrational"...they are so compex and quickly changing and the quantities so rich and varied, the qualities so universal and regional at the same time...well you need a big brain for that don't you?...

by the way, I'm in total awe of what INTJs can do...but I like messing with them too...so let's just go crazy with this until one of the NT sees us...then it will be on...

:party:

Lol! I like it.

I am not sure about intelligance I guess that would depend on how it is measured but it certainly makes Fs more human by comparrison.

I like my inner cavewoman though too!

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
because Ts tend to adhere to rationality, even if that means becoming unhappy in the process?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
because Ts tend to adhere to rationality, even if that means becoming unhappy in the process?

Rationality is often used in order to assess the best means to achieve a given end. The given end might very well be happiness, thus I think the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
...the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it...

In that case, the T's would have much smaller brains. Do they?

There is an inherent complexity in any social group. Not only must we remember the individuals who make up the group, we must also remember the relationships between them–and while the number of individuals increases arithmetically, the number of relationships grows exponentially. If we have 99 people, and add 1 more, we’ve only added one individual, but 99 new relationships. It seems that it was precisely that complexity that drove the growth of the primate brain. If that is true, then the seperation from Australopithecine to Homo was likely driven by a social evolution. This is the same time we start to see the first stone tools, and possibly the first evidence for hunting, rather than scavenging. Hierarchical troops make social groups less complex, by fitting all members into a strict hierarchy–chimpanzees can get by simply remembering the individuals and their rank. Rhizomatic societies–that is, egalitarian societies–have an exponential number of relationships, as each individual relates to every other individual in new and different ways. As humans became hunter-gatherers, the simple hierarchical model that served so many other primates ceased to suffice. We needed to become egalitarian to survive, and in order to do that, we needed bigger brains relative to our bodies.

That's from a thesis written by a friend of mine. He's an INTJ, by the way, so you can't claim the theory upsets all of them.

If this is true, then why don't fish that live in schoals have big brains?

INTJ+ENFJ=INFJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm an INTJ my son is an INFJ if he was smarter he would have been born first!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
lol

hope you all grabbed your stuff, the world is coming to the end xD

INTJ+ENFJ=INFJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
...and the two, an INTJ & INFJ shall lead them! For who is smarter the one who has the vision or the one who enhances it?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I bet it is the one with the gun in the end xD

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have a theory (it's not mine...I just found it somewhere I can't remember)that seems to annoy my NT friends (mainly INTJs)...and here it is: the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it, it's the social complexities that causes our most evolved bran functions to evolve...I'm just saying, social dynamics are not "irrational"...they are so compex and quickly changing and the quantities so rich and varied, the qualities so universal and regional at the same time...well you need a big brain for that don't you?...

by the way, I'm in total awe of what INTJs can do...but I like messing with them too...so let's just go crazy with this until one of the NT sees us...then it will be on...

:party:

cmon man...your making ENFP's look retarded. there are different types of intelligence. and brain size doesn't necessarily have to do with intelligence. and T's can be equally good(if not better) at social situations then F's.

*shoulders droop in shame*

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
cmon man...your making ENFP's look retarded. there are different types of intelligence. and brain size doesn't necessarily have to do with intelligence. and T's can be equally good(if not better) at social situations then F's.

*shoulders droop in shame*

I am unaware of how I am making ENFPs look retarded, as I am an INFJ myself.

The title was meant to be provocative so that peole would read the post. My tactic has been successful. Yay for me, with my tiny T.

The post posits a theory of increased brain capacity of humans as a direct impact of the social nature of humans.

This is not my theory. I do not believe in it, but there is somethign "to" it, if you get the difference. I was curious of what that something might be.

There have been a few posts to address the evolutionary question. More would be welcome.

Frank

I am unaware of how I am making ENFPs look retarded, as I am an INFJ myself.

The title was meant to be provocative so that peole would read the post. My tactic has been successful. Yay for me, with my tiny T.

The post posits a theory of increased brain capacity of humans as a direct impact of the social nature of humans.

This is not my theory. I do not believe in it, but there is somethign "to" it, if you get the difference. I was curious of what that something might be.

There have been a few posts to address the evolutionary question. More would be welcome.

Have you ever watched meerkat manor or any discovery channel shows. Social dynamics came way before logical analysis.