User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Senior Member Martian Manifesto's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Have you ever watched meerkat manor or any discovery channel shows. Social dynamics came way before logical analysis.
    Yes, I watch both of those shows. There, you have seen my inner geek. By the way, Tony Stark (INTJ) up there and I are very good friends. Whenever a theory comes up that interests one of us but is provocative to the other (T vs F stuff) we can't wait to run and tell the other one.

Strange friendships INFJs & INTJs I am certain the stangeness is inherit to the awesomeness.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

I don't bother reading all the posts.
    The OP might be right in the sense that Fs are more likely to be more socially intelligent. According to Daniel Goleman social intelligence has a lot to do with the ability to empathize with others.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Martian Manifesto View Post
    I have a theory (it's not mine...I just found it somewhere I can't remember)that seems to annoy my NT friends (mainly INTJs)...and here it is: the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it, it's the social complexities that causes our most evolved bran functions to evolve...I'm just saying, social dynamics are not "irrational"...they are so compex and quickly changing and the quantities so rich and varied, the qualities so universal and regional at the same time...well you need a big brain for that don't you?...

by the way, I'm in total awe of what INTJs can do...but I like messing with them too...so let's just go crazy with this until one of the NT sees us...then it will be on...

For the sake of the thread, I'll assume you're right: Fs have bigger brains.

But apparently Ts have less self-esteem problems. : D
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath Mania View Post

Wrath Mania FTW
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath Mania View Post

I don't think either are necessarilly true. But it sounds funny so I may repeat it, if you don't mind.

MBTI
    infp

I don't understand the idea that thinking functions would be smarter anyway. I really don't think either is "smarter" because there are so many different forms of intelligence. Each function is like a form of intelligence in itself...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I don't understand the idea that thinking functions would be smarter anyway. I really don't think either is "smarter" because there are so many different forms of intelligence. Each function is like a form of intelligence in itself...
    Yeah. If intelligence has to do with T or F, wouldn't this make perceiving doms less smart, because their 'intelligence' isn't so inherent to them?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

how does all of this pertain to the real world? what is the point you are trying to make. you may have posted it a couple pages back but i don't feel like going through and finding it. I'm just curious.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    how does all of this pertain to the real world? what is the point you are trying to make. you may have posted it a couple pages back but i don't feel like going through and finding it. I'm just curious.
    It doesn't. I apologize.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ok thank you for the explaination. i was just wondering if you were getting at something or just theorizing (<-- sp?).

Mahatma Gandhi