First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    because Ts tend to adhere to rationality, even if that means becoming unhappy in the process?
    Rationality is often used in order to assess the best means to achieve a given end. The given end might very well be happiness, thus I think the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Martian Manifesto View Post
    ...the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it...
    In that case, the T's would have much smaller brains. Do they?

Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    There is an inherent complexity in any social group. Not only must we remember the individuals who make up the group, we must also remember the relationships between them–and while the number of individuals increases arithmetically, the number of relationships grows exponentially. If we have 99 people, and add 1 more, we’ve only added one individual, but 99 new relationships. It seems that it was precisely that complexity that drove the growth of the primate brain. If that is true, then the seperation from Australopithecine to Homo was likely driven by a social evolution. This is the same time we start to see the first stone tools, and possibly the first evidence for hunting, rather than scavenging. Hierarchical troops make social groups less complex, by fitting all members into a strict hierarchy–chimpanzees can get by simply remembering the individuals and their rank. Rhizomatic societies–that is, egalitarian societies–have an exponential number of relationships, as each individual relates to every other individual in new and different ways. As humans became hunter-gatherers, the simple hierarchical model that served so many other primates ceased to suffice. We needed to become egalitarian to survive, and in order to do that, we needed bigger brains relative to our bodies.
    That's from a thesis written by a friend of mine. He's an INTJ, by the way, so you can't claim the theory upsets all of them.
    If this is true, then why don't fish that live in schoals have big brains?
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm an INTJ my son is an INFJ if he was smarter he would have been born first!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

lol

hope you all grabbed your stuff, the world is coming to the end xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

...and the two, an INTJ & INFJ shall lead them! For who is smarter the one who has the vision or the one who enhances it?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I bet it is the one with the gun in the end xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I have a theory (it's not mine...I just found it somewhere I can't remember)that seems to annoy my NT friends (mainly INTJs)...and here it is: the reason humans have big brains is because of the F function....think about it, it's the social complexities that causes our most evolved bran functions to evolve...I'm just saying, social dynamics are not "irrational"...they are so compex and quickly changing and the quantities so rich and varied, the qualities so universal and regional at the same time...well you need a big brain for that don't you?...

by the way, I'm in total awe of what INTJs can do...but I like messing with them too...so let's just go crazy with this until one of the NT sees us...then it will be on...

cmon man...your making ENFP's look retarded. there are different types of intelligence. and brain size doesn't necessarily have to do with intelligence. and T's can be equally good(if not better) at social situations then F's.

*shoulders droop in shame*

Senior Member Martian Manifesto's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    cmon man...your making ENFP's look retarded. there are different types of intelligence. and brain size doesn't necessarily have to do with intelligence. and T's can be equally good(if not better) at social situations then F's.

*shoulders droop in shame*
    I am unaware of how I am making ENFPs look retarded, as I am an INFJ myself.

The title was meant to be provocative so that peole would read the post. My tactic has been successful. Yay for me, with my tiny T.

The post posits a theory of increased brain capacity of humans as a direct impact of the social nature of humans.

This is not my theory. I do not believe in it, but there is somethign "to" it, if you get the difference. I was curious of what that something might be.

There have been a few posts to address the evolutionary question. More would be welcome.

Type doesn't matter. In fact I've known brilliant esfjs.

I am unaware of how I am making ENFPs look retarded, as I am an INFJ myself.

The title was meant to be provocative so that peole would read the post. My tactic has been successful. Yay for me, with my tiny T.

The post posits a theory of increased brain capacity of humans as a direct impact of the social nature of humans.

This is not my theory. I do not believe in it, but there is somethign "to" it, if you get the difference. I was curious of what that something might be.

There have been a few posts to address the evolutionary question. More would be welcome.

Have you ever watched meerkat manor or any discovery channel shows. Social dynamics came way before logical analysis.