User Tag List

First 12345 Last

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

INTP here (so yeah, nobody asked me), and I have a deep affection for critters of all types. Always have. It's one of the few strongly defining characteristics of me that can be easily quantified. I also tend to have a good rapport with animals (they tend to be comfortable around me). I think it has to to with being very low energy. I don't emit nervous vibes.

I do have a special fondness for cats, especially very large, furry, silly ones. I like dogs, too, with a preference for more mellow temperaments, but quirky personalities. And large, furry ones are always nice.

People with an overt antipathy for cats have always confounded me a bit. Cats tend to avoid you if they sense you really don't like them. I could understand someone disliking them if they didn't specifically care for them, and the cats aggressively sought them out and forced interactions. But since cats will generally leave you alone if you leave them alone, I don't really get overtly disliking them. I would think you'd just be neutral toward them, and not care.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Makes me wonder if it's possible to personality type cast animals. Not as in "All cats are INTJs." But more of "My cat is a INFJ." For example.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

heart on fire

I once dated a guy (ENTx) who hated my cats and when I asked him one time why he disliked them so much he said: "Because he's always staring at me like he thinks he is smarter than I am and part of me fears he is right."

I have another friend who is scared of cats.

I had a female relative who hated cats because they purr.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Makes me wonder if it's possible to personality type cast animals. Not as in "All cats are INTJs." But more of "My cat is a INFJ." For example.
    Yeah, I think you can. Not sure what mine would be; maybe ISTP? I've had one cat that was FFFF (she had very strong feelings about everything, and that was pretty much her sole basis of operating), and a Siamese who was JJJJ (she kept everyone in line, had a very specific view of how things should be, and she'd tell you off if they weren't like that).

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I once dated a guy (ENTx) who hated my cats and when I asked him one time why he disliked them so much he said: "Because he's always staring at me like he thinks he is smarter than I am and part of me fears he is right."

Lol. Sounds like pretty much all of those had more to do with the person than with cats. I agree that cats definitely have attitude. It must be more of "creeping out" kind of thing for people.

heart on fire

That guy was a ESTx. I made a typo.

Friend who is scared of cats tested as ISFP

Female relative who didn't like cats I guess to have been ESTP.

INFJ husband crazy for cats.

INTJ Dad was totally bonkers for cats, said cats were "mystical creatures"

ISTJ sister also adores cats, always has four or five of them living with her, always.

I had INxP brother who also loved cats.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I like cats more than dogs because they seem to more have a mind of there own and aren't loyal no matter what the way dogs are...

MBTI
    INFP

"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes
    living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."

-Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i love cats, but i also love dogs equally. and while were on the subject I love horses as well. I like animal basically.

i'm allergic to cats, and i'm also allergic to dogs equally. and while we're on the subject I'm allergic to horses as well. I'm allergic to most animals basically. :sad:

But I still love them.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post

If I had a girlfriend who didn't like my cat, or at least accept it, there would be some issues.

...I think my cat is INFP.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INXP

Cats seem to like me. I'm generally still most of the time and I think cats appreciate that. But I have more affection for dogs. 'though I haven't lived with a cat for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    We've had horses too. Our family friends had a ranch where they broke stallions, and it was such a sight to behold.. over the months.. watching the horse grow more receptive to human affection and presence.
    I think this is why Equine therapy is doing quite well. There was a job going locally.

YouTube - Equine Therapy - Stepps Rehab
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.