• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs lead dangerous lives!!!!

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
One of my closest friends is INFJ. She's always saving my spacey, innocent, trusting INFP butt from danger. :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, my philosophy is "Don't get involved." I do everything I can to AVOID danger.

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Actually, my philosophy is "Don't get involved." I do everything I can to AVOID danger.

INFJs tend to be highly cautious and future oriented, that's true. But unless you're a flat out mistyped INTJ or INTP, when it comes down to it you'll either get involved based on your convictions, or possibly chicken out for some reason. Fe needs some outlet.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFJs tend to be highly cautious and future oriented, that's true. But unless you're a flat out mistyped INTJ or INTP, when it comes down to it you'll either get involved based on your convictions, or possibly chicken out for some reason. Fe needs some outlet.

Oh, I always find a reason for chickening out. I think I'm just the "chicken" kind of INFJ. You're not claiming there's no such kind, are you?

EDIT: Well, actually, in some situations I display moral courage when there are no physical risks involved. But I never take physical risks.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm, I can recall several incidences where I have witnessed cruelty or illegal activity and stepped forward...I am not capable of doing otherwise.

Penda

MBTI Type
INFJ
I suppose reading books in a coffee shop can be dangerous, what with all that hot coffee. I think the most dangerous part of being an INFJ is all of the moodiness threatening to drive me crazy. Otherwise I feel pretty sane.

V

violaine

I step forward too. I can't turn away. I was really scarred by the well known incident of a woman's violent murder which is told to illustrate a certain mob mentality. i.e. People generally think it's none of their business or that someone else will intervene when someone is in distress. I was at home one night when I lived in London and witnessed a violent argument between a couple where the guy, after jostling his girlfriend around, pushed her into his car and grabbed a crowbar from the back of his car unbeknownst to her. I ran down my stairs so quick and ran after the car to help her. I had called the police when I saw him initially assaulting her and they got there right on time.

I don't know what comes over me but I've had several times in my life where I have confronted scary situations. I think it's the decent human thing to do rather than type related of course. It probably just comes as a bit of a shock that seemingly placid infjs can be so fearless. I guess we do have 'the Protector' as a moniker though, lol.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's a little known statistical fact that most people get assassinated while sitting in front of their computers. So yes, INFJ's are under a high threat of being assassinated. :bananallama:

V

violaine

Let's hope those of us in bed on our phones can fly under the radar in that case. :ninja:

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't think I'd take out insurance for extra autopsies. However, is it possible that the INFJ approachability could serve as a beacon for crazy people who are unbalanced if they were acting irrationally and had to pick someone out of a crowd? I know a lot of INFJs who even without making eye contact, have weird people approach them to share bizarre life stories or ideas and explain that they had a welcoming aura about them!

This happens to me all the time. It doesn't help that I'm a salesperson and exposed to the general public. With the strange ones, I always remain calm and open on the exterior but my mind is racing inside. You wouldn't believe the stuff people tell me. Random people. People out of nowhere, any time, any place. Sometimes I feel like I'm a walking confessional. I love it when the kids approach me though. Animals don't seem to be too affraid of me either, birds will come perch very close to me and just check me out.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ

I will do what I can without throwing myself into it. My conscience will suffer if I don't do anthing but I'm not about to let myself get hurt. I'm not one of those INFJ's who want to fight the good fight, get involved in causes, etc., even if I sympathize with them.

P

Phantonym

I will do what I can without throwing myself into it. My conscience will suffer if I don't do anthing but I'm not about to let myself get hurt. I'm not one of those INFJ's who want to fight the good fight, get involved in causes, etc., even if I sympathize with them.

+1 My thoughts exactly.

I can react very strongly when I see something outright wrong to my standards but I don't really seek out people to help and causes to fight nor do I feel destined to save the earth. Me and danger repel each other.

hommefatal

Oh yeah, I hang around with the worst guys just because I don't like determination regarding friendships.

S

Sniffles

I will do what I can without throwing myself into it. My conscience will suffer if I don't do anthing but I'm not about to let myself get hurt.

Yes I can very much relate to this kind of attitude; although alot of it stems from me being continously drained of energy - which has the effect of making me more indifferent and aloof from events. Otherwise, it'd be a different story.

As usual, I agree with Sanveane(;)), about how in certain situations us INFJs can become amazingly fearless. A few people have attested to my strong protective nature too.

Ruby Tuesday

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have stepped into so many situations, without even thinking about it. It seems the only thing to do. Mind you, it's been in the UK or Canada, where it's endangered me a little but not too radically. (Though one such incident, pulling a screaming young woman out of a car in which her boyfriend was abusing her, lost me a live-in relationship ultimately because my boyfriend stood by doing nothing and then felt "emasculated" by my taking action). My sister in the US insists that I could never get away with my actions there because someone "is very likely to have a gun". But I just can't help myself. I move in before I even know what I'm doing. (One time in Australia a drunk guy on the train put his hand on my breast. The next thing I knew he was a crumpled heap on the floor. Apparently I kneed him. I don't even remember moving!)

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Corrupt people usually tend to notice that I don't fall into their social traps. I don't kiss up to them and absolutely refuse to fall into their obvious manipulative situations. And they hate this. I don't see why some people can't just be straight up and honest with others. Why use people? They're human beings, not toys. You can get plenty far in life without having to use people at all. I have little to no tolerance for narcissism, and thus most narcissists can't stand me. I couldn't care less because they're arrogant jerks, but I hope none of them ever tries to assissinate me.