Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Why did this make me laugh?
    Because it's ridiculous.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

I knew an infj female who approached a group of rough looking individuals one time and took their dog from them because they were acting abusive towards it. This was a white girl in a white- people- not-welcome neighborhood who had pulled her car over to take the dog. When I asked her if the dog was worth her life she looked at me like I was the crazy one! So yeah, I could see the whole martyr thing.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I end up around alot of dangerous people in hopes of helping them.
    Okay, so now i feel a little concerned even though I don't know you. You look like a very thoughtful and kind hearted person.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I don't hesitate to interfere if I think someone might be in danger. I saw a girl walking by the side of the road get into a car with several guys, and I followed them and made them pull over until I could be satisfied that no one was going to hurt her. I followed them to where she wanted to be dropped off and watched until she was safe in the building. If I hear a kid crying in a way that makes me think it's been hit, I will find it, knocking on doors, and make the mother bring it to the door so I can see it. I speak up if people hit their kids around me. I call the police when I hear people fighting and when there is domestic abuse around me. I've been to court to witness against wife beaters. Nobody has ever argued with me or threatened me about it. I don't hesitate.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/2
    Socionics
    INFx

I am going to have to agree with this dangerous situations.

I remember a time when I was in downtown Seattle at a grocery late at night maybe past 12am and this belligerent and aggressive homeless woman was berating the clerk who wasn't a nature english speaker. I am sure you can guess the kinds of things she was saying.

The clerk kept telling the woman that she wasn't allowed to do something that she wanted her to do. And she was getting very nervous and did not have the vocabulary to say anything other than what she was saying and was frustrated.

I knew I had to say something, there were four other people behind this woman in line, and I was on my way out. I walked out the door as this was happening and I felt really guilty because I knew I could do something. So I walked back in and pretty much diverted the belligerent woman's attention to myself so that she would leave the store.

While doing this, I am a rather skinny individual, I had so much adrenaline rushing through my body that my legs felt like they would give underneath me. This woman was a lot larger than I was and drunk. I felt my life was forfeit but I stood my ground and said to her she had no right to verbally abuse a grocery clerk and I told her to leave.

Every time I saw that clerk in the store again whenever I stopped in to buy something she would always thank me and smile at me, very sincerely.

One of the scariest moments of my life. Even then that doesn't compare to the bar fight in the alley of my last apartment that NO one called the police on, they were cheering from the balcony, just in the shear stupidity of your average person.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/2
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I don't hesitate to interfere if I think someone might be in danger. I saw a girl walking by the side of the road get into a car with several guys, and I followed them and made them pull over until I could be satisfied that no one was going to hurt her. I followed them to where she wanted to be dropped off and watched until she was safe in the building. If I hear a kid crying in a way that makes me think it's been hit, I will find it, knocking on doors, and make the mother bring it to the door so I can see it. I speak up if people hit their kids around me. I call the police when I hear people fighting and when there is domestic abuse around me. I've been to court to witness against wife beaters. Nobody has ever argued with me or threatened me about it. I don't hesitate.
    Yeah I get odd perceptions like this too. Like if I see someone walking with someone or I hear a conversation with someone I get feelings of their ambitions or maybe a glimpse of their inner character that I question forthright. I could swear I heard two people outside while I was smoking a cig making small talk, to lessen the tension of having informal quick sex. But nothing they said was out of the ordinary. That or the things they were sharing didn't seem compatible with the depth at which the woman was sharing them.

Oh well At least someone got laid.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Antreus View Post
    I am going to have to agree with this dangerous situations.

I remember a time when I was in downtown Seattle at a grocery late at night maybe past 12am and this belligerent and aggressive homeless woman was berating the clerk who wasn't a nature english speaker. I am sure you can guess the kinds of things she was saying.

The clerk kept telling the woman that she wasn't allowed to do something that she wanted her to do. And she was getting very nervous and did not have the vocabulary to say anything other than what she was saying and was frustrated.

I knew I had to say something, there were four other people behind this woman in line, and I was on my way out. I walked out the door as this was happening and I felt really guilty because I knew I could do something. So I walked back in and pretty much diverted the belligerent woman's attention to myself so that she would leave the store.

While doing this, I am a rather skinny individual, I had so much adrenaline rushing through my body that my legs felt like they would give underneath me. This woman was a lot larger than I was and drunk. I felt my life was forfeit but I stood my ground and said to her she had no right to verbally abuse a grocery clerk and I told her to leave.

Every time I saw that clerk in the store again whenever I stopped in to buy something she would always thank me and smile at me, very sincerely.

One of the scariest moments of my life. Even then that doesn't compare to the bar fight in the alley of my last apartment that NO one called the police on, they were cheering from the balcony, just in the shear stupidity of your average person.
    no guts no glory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't think I'd take out insurance for extra autopsies. However, is it possible that the INFJ approachability could serve as a beacon for crazy people who are unbalanced if they were acting irrationally and had to pick someone out of a crowd? I know a lot of INFJs who even without making eye contact, have weird people approach them to share bizarre life stories or ideas and explain that they had a welcoming aura about them!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I also get involved if I think someone is in danger:

One night I heard a woman screaming in an area behind where I was living. The screaming seemed to have come from a car with it's headlights on in a nearby parking lot. I called the police and they came in with a helicopter with search lights. I don't know what they found.

Another time, I was walking out of a mall to my car when I heard a man and woman arguing and hitting each other. They were both pretty angry. I ran back in the mall and got them to send a security guard out, who calmed the people down. I was afraid one of them was going to get hurt.

I have given money to homeless people who approach me if I feel they are genuine, even though I am sometimes scared of them.

I think what happens in situations where you are concerned that someone is being/is about to be hurt is that it brings up an anger that overrides fear.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I love most of my crazy followers.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.