First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Sometimes we want to be "cool" though. We just ultimately slip up and do something completely "uncool" and weird, thus completely ruining the moment.
    I find wanting to be cool releases the full potential of being a geek. I try to avoid any intent in that direction.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    I find wanting to be cool releases the full potential of being a geek. I try to avoid any intent in that direction.
    oooh! I totally agree. Brilliant observation there.
    "They all work really hard everyday and they're dissatisfied. I mean, I can be dissatisfied without hardly working at all."
    - Wonderfalls

Senior Member Martian Manifesto's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJ Trifecta

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You took the words right out of my geek mouth. J/K

Mom is INFJ with a heavy emphasis on the chilly/door slam/you can't get in here/the world must not "get on me"
    - former metaphysical queen / currently traveling entrepenuer

Dad is INFJ with heavy emphasis on the "bullies must effing die" and "what are you willing to die for buddy? huh? if you can't list what you are willing to die for upon request you weak inside and should hate yourself"
    - former secret service agent / currenlty traveling entrepenuer

I'm also a hardcore INFJ - half of each I think...sort of a really surly jedi...
    - previosly walked the earth like Cane from Kung Fu / currently finishing first screenplay

My mother does not even use the word "cool" unless it is to describe a breeze...my fasther only uses the word "cool" as a form of derision..as in "what? you think that makes you effing cool? Is that what you want to be? Effing cool? Well you go be effing cool outside of my zone, okay?"...so no, I guess we aren't that cool...in fact if you call me cool, I'm going for a moment to figure out if you are calling me breezy or an a-hole...then I'm going to verbally attack you for trying to be cool around me...how effing dare you!!!?

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJ Trifecta

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    i think that INFJs might be the least likely to be "cool" and perhaps by extension the most likely to be "geeky."

Mom is INFJ with a heavy emphasis on the chilly/door slam/you can't get in here/the world must not "get on me"
    - former metaphysical queen / currently traveling entrepenuer

Dad is INFJ with heavy emphasis on the "bullies must effing die" and "what are you willing to die for buddy? huh? if you can't list what you are willing to die for upon request you weak inside and should hate yourself"
    - former secret service agent / currenlty traveling entrepenuer

I'm also a hardcore INFJ - half of each I think...sort of a really surly jedi...
    - previosly walked the earth like Cane from Kung Fu / currently finishing first screenplay

My mother does not even use the word "cool" unless it is to describe a breeze...my fasther only uses the word "cool" as a form of derision..as in "what? you think that makes you effing cool? Is that what you want to be? Effing cool? Well you go be effing cool outside of my zone, okay?"...so no, I guess we aren't that cool...in fact if you call me cool, I'm going for a moment to figure out if you are calling me breezy or an a-hole...then I'm going to verbally attack you for trying to be cool around me...how effing dare you!!!?

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Okay, that is true

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Sometimes we want to be "cool" though. We just ultimately slip up and do something completely "uncool" and weird, thus completely ruining the moment.

I only want to be cool (extraverted sensing stuff) long enough to say (to myself of course) "look at how easy this is...is this what you want to see...huh?...yeah, you like that don't you, don't you...can't get enough of how cool I am can you?...want to hang out with me Sensors?...hahaha...well you can't, I'm going to go back to my lair now and make fun of you all in my visions...hahahaha...who's cool now?"

Have I shared to much...usually we INFJs don't like to do that...but when you get near 35 (it's so soon I can taste it, baby) you start to get this bizarre monkey on your back to "balance" yourself with more extroversion...I've read this disgusting extroversion thing shouldn't last too much past 50, so that's something I guess...

...wait, is this that thing you peeps were talking about where everyone in the room goes "what the eff is he talking about and where did it come from"...oh yeah, I guess I do do that...(sigh)

MBTI
    infj

Yeah, I have that whole INFJ don't share too much thing... But I don't think it really counts on the interwebs.
    "They all work really hard everyday and they're dissatisfied. I mean, I can be dissatisfied without hardly working at all."
    - Wonderfalls

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Martian Manifesto View Post
    ...my father only uses the word "cool" as a form of derision..as in "what? you think that makes you effing cool? Is that what you want to be? Effing cool? Well you go be effing cool outside of my zone, okay?"
    Now that's cool.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Now that's cool.
    I concur.
    - Wonderfalls

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Now that's cool.
    Why thank you

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i work for the Computer Science Corporation lol