User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default As an NFP, how can I strengthen my STJ? Any ideas?

It's always great to understand ourselves better and more in depth (although some would like to just remain ignorant and blissful), but my personal interest is more in growth through knowledge of the self.

That's why after reading so many condemning essays on the "subjective decision-making" of F's, the "up-in-the-skies", non-practical bent of the N, and disorderly impulsiveness of my P, I'd like to finally find some exercises or analyzing tools which can help me balance out my STJ weaknesses.

Has anyone a clue of resources for this kind of thing, or just some plain old practical advice?

Thanks

MBTI
    istp

Enlist.
    No offense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Enlist.
    Or be an older brother who was expected to take care of the little ones

An excercise I like doing is taking a dream of mine and subjecting it to analysis of the resources it takes and my ablility to get those resources. Try and be as detailed as possible
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

being a science major has helped me immensely....

i would stick to things like chemistry if you want to develope Te....physics and calc are more Ti (although many Te people excel at calc and physics...)

also, as you age (ENFP) your aspirational Si will kick in and you hate how nothing you do ever results in a symbolic accomplishment.

-you'll stop being happy with just a story board for some crazy story you dreamed up on sunday morning...youll be more driven to actually finish a detailed script to appease your Si aspiration.

-you'll stop being happy with just having a global sense of subjects. you'll start to feel the desire to finish a degree just so that you can have that object (degree) that indicates you DID something.

most ENFP's already have descent use of Te if they've done any school at all. its really the Si thats the key for ENFPs developing the ISTJ part of themselves.

i think it goes for every type that eventually the 4th function becomes the backbone of the type where they wake up and realize:

(ENFP) shit! none of my crazy new ideas really matter if i cant get a handle on whats actaully been done by me or anyone (Si)

(ENTJ) shit! none of this effecieny and projects really matters if its not in line with my values (Fi)

ESFJ) shit! none of this APPROPRAITEness matters if it doesnt make sense...eventually, i need to figure out the actaul point of all this social shit, the why, how etc (Ti)

im not saying we ever SUCCEED to a great degree with the 4th functions. for instance: the ESFJs i know play all kinds of cross words/ sudokus and other childish versions of Ti. the ENFP may go through childish expressions of Si by going ultra organized and OCD in the video games he's beaten, the movies he needs to see, the items of a collection that he needs next etc...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

join the police academy.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

Have some kids, or like runvardh said just take care of some. Maybe you could get a job at a daycare and ask to be put in charge of kids between 2 and 4. They'll bring out your inner SJ. My kids turn me into a drill instructor on a regular basis.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

To the OP: Great question. I'd love to turn it around and ask you how you, as an NFP, would strengthen your NFP.

It was hard for me to think of an answer to this. For S: pretend you live in a museum for a day. Everything in your living space has to be in perfect order. The smallest speck of dust has to be wiped off any surface, and everything should be labeled and organized impeccably. If someone wears shoes on your brand new carpet, yell at them. Don't put a boiling pot of water on a wood table. This should give you attention to detail.

For T/J: Schedule an itinerary for a day and stick to it. During the day, try not to make impulsive decisions, but stick to the schedule. Always be conscious of the time and check your watch often. At each appointment, think ahead about what the next errand is and keep track of time to make sure you get there with time to spare. Be prepared for transportation delays and any other unexpected thing during the day (e.g. bring aspirin for headaches, an umbrella, etc).

Raising kids is probably the best way to strengthen STJ!
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

dnivera, it's mostly about sitting down, relaxing and letting your mind run. I've you're able to give yourself a block of time for it and then not focus on how much time you have that's a start. If you can give a day to it you can let the sun keep the time for you while you mostly just relax, let what's inside bubble up, and play with it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i don't have good Te at all . it's pretty much the ENFP achilles heel. honestly, i'm not sure i want to develop my S too much at all. maybe baby improvements, but not much.

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Enlist.
    Yep, that is so very true. I think it has helped me tremendously. I've been out for 4 years and sometimes I wonder where I would be if I hadn't enlisted.

Although, I'm not sure it is wise to advise anyone to enlist with the current state of affairs.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips