User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I get a crush instantly a lot of the times and fantasize about the person being perfect(not a dirty way). THen I find out they arent and then it's over.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    I get a crush instantly a lot of the times and fantasize about the person being perfect(not a dirty way). THen I find out they arent and then it's over.
    That's me too! It's awful, but the truth.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've had very few but in a way they're sweet and i like feeling all giddy and googly and i want to do silly sweet things for them all the time...i can be prone to grand gestures... and feeling like that makes me happy but i also hate loosing my composure...hate that my normally strong confident self turns shy and unsure.

also...i think i see people as they are...perfection isn't important to me...i think the fact that discovery is what drives me in life leads me to be drawn to people i find intriguing...interesting...not perfect...the unfortunate thing though is that it's more of an outsider observation thing and just because i find them irresistibly charming and fascinating doesn't actually mean we'd be any good together....so i guess it ends when that realization sets in.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Sniffles

Yeah this is often the case with me too.

MBTI
    INFP

I over-romantisize the person so that they are more than who they are.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

I do this too, but lately I've been consciously trying NOT to. The reality never seems to match the fantasy. So far, reality has imploded in my face every single time I've expected it to become the fantasy. I have no reason to believe this trend will stop. This probably falls under the category of "INFJ achilles heel".

*I've taken an interest in typology so I can start seeing people for who they are, not who I think they should be.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I do this too, but lately I've been consciously trying NOT to. The reality never seems to match the fantasy. So far, reality has imploded in my face every single time I've expected it to become the fantasy. I have no reason to believe this trend will stop. This probably falls under the category of "INFJ achilles heel".

*I've taken an interest in typology so I can start seeing people for who they are, not who I think they should be.
    that's awesome
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Repress and deny. I once had a crush on a dude for 3 years before admitting it to myself. I don't even realize I feel that way until either he leaves or gets a girlfriend. The power of denial is breathtaking.

I don't think crushes cloud my judgment of the person because I'm probably subconsciously looking for flaws to get rid of the excess emotion.

It does not affect my decisions. My will is the same, but the accompanying emotions are more intense.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFj

Well I haven't had a crush in a while and I guess that has to do that I have matured a lot more and I know longer idealize people the way I used to. As for when I have a crush, well I tend to turn real shy and I start blushing rather easily which turns into a dead give away in my case. Yeah like a lot have said i tend to idealize and romantisize that person. I get sort of an impulso to want to show them a lot of affection as well and sort of want to help them out. Some of them haven't always turned out to be the nicest of persons with me in the end either so I guess I have learned to keep better notice on who I put my eyes on.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It has been ages since I had a "crush" but when I was between 13-16 I could elevate a crush to the level of a religious experience. The longest one I had was two years.
    No kidding. I carried a torch for this one guy (brother's BF) for over 6 years I think, I was around 9 years old, and the fire burned out when I turned 15. I haven't fallen hard like that, since.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)