User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default NFs(maybe SFs too?) and "emotional absorption"

I'm sure this must happen to a lot of you, for example you guys are witnessing a fight in the street and will feel uneasy for an hour or two even though you had nothing to do with the fight and might actually become agressive yourself in other to "purge" the emotion. You're pretty much like a sponge...
    It's quite annoying actually, I remember watching a documentary where someone had been attacked and gotten his hand cut off by rebels in Haiti I believe I felt a weird sensation in my arm and was paranoid for the next four days o.o.
    Or for example someone tells you about something painful and you get tingly all over, weak in the knees for example. Happens to me all the time, I saw three minutes of SAW III with a friend thinking: ha, I can handle it.
    I still remember the scene....disgusting, I decided to stay away from violent and scary movies forever after that. Does anyone else have to literally shut themselves off from the world periodically before they lose their sanity?
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    FiSi

I normally don't react physically to practically anything... but if I see graphic depiction of violence, demorphisms or injuries I become pale and tingly and my heart starts racing and I start sweating and shivering.

I also have to stay very, very far away from violent movies. Horror is a big NO.

MBTI
    INFP

The more emotional someone else is, the less emotional I become. The less porous my sponge becomes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

My ENFJ friend talks about this sponge sort of stuff and while I can conceptually understand it... I can't imagine being that affected by a movie or book, like she can.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    My ENFJ friend talks about this sponge sort of stuff and while I can conceptually understand it... I can't imagine being that affected by a movie or book, like she can.
    It's as much a gift as it is a curse, it's why I don't read on the bus unless I'm wearing sunglasses
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp

Yeah, I've known NFs who, for example, refused to watch violent or bloody films with me, and get in a bad mood if it ever does happen that we watched one. There is one who cannot see vomit or she will start retching. Yet she is not as bothered as I am by watching someone being bullied if she doesn't like the person.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Yeah, I've known NFs who, for example, refused to watch violent or bloody films with me, and get in a bad mood if it ever does happen that we watched one. There is one who cannot see vomit or she will start retching. Yet she is not as bothered as I am by watching someone being bullied if she doesn't like the person.
    Oh shit, I laugh during those... that might be a bad thing...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp

Yeah, that is pretty much her reaction unless it is someone she otherwise likes or is neutral about.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

*shrug* a lot of people laugh at Adam Sandler, I laugh at dipshits getting filled with hot lead *sigh* ><

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp

Mean! I knew you guys weren't made of sugar and spice and everything nice.
    hoarding time and space