User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I've been so upset and grieved that I've gone into black low laughter that won't stop. You know. The final straw? That's what overload looks like on me.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    RE: emotional absorption. Perhaps you are an Empath, which there are varying degrees of.
    Are you referring to an Empath other than NF? Could you expound?

MBTI
    INFP

What I do find interesting is the difference in reaction people have to the same "stimuli". I'd say I have an average empathy level but I "digest" it differently than most people I know who get "highly" stimulated "(it seems at least.) but tend to forget about it way faster...or maybe I'm just obsessive .
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Oh...so this post wasn't necessary ._.
    Secretly I'm a wannabe T, then I could enjoy scary movies without having nightmares....xD. My t friends sure do I was always excited to go with them at first, I proposed the idea then I was too scared to do it again...kinda pathetic if you ask me
    Not all Ts like scary movies.

Anyway, I personally hate watching gory, bloody, scary or pathetically tragic and depressing stuff. I internalize it and analyze the **** out of it for a couple of days afterwards. Yuck. It would be more fun to eat 100 cloves of garlic and then sit and stew in my own sweat for a week.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyWench View Post
    Not all Ts like scary movies.

Anyway, I personally hate watching gory, bloody, scary or pathetically tragic and depressing stuff. I internalize it and analyze the **** out of it for a couple of days afterwards. Yuck. It would be more fun to eat 100 cloves of garlic and then sit and stew in my own sweat for a week.
    My point wasn't that all Ts liked scary movies, just that they probably cope better with irrational fears (aka monsters etc..well that also has to do with maturity xD) because they're probably more likely to headtrip it. Actually what you said is exactly what I meant, you analyzed your fear rather than letting it get to you...I got traumatized by a scary movie and had to wait over two months or three. When I was a kid I wasn't scare, i didn't know what was going on it actually got worse as I grew older which doesn't make much sense but..That's when I drew the line.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Actually what you said is exactly what I meant, you analyzed your fear rather than letting it get to you...
    It still gets to me despite my near constant analysis of the plot, motivations of the characters... etc. Thinking on such horrible things is not a comfort, yet I am inexplicably compelled to see every angle of the plot, despite the fact that I hate every minute of it.

As a moth to flame.

MBTI
    INFP

I can completely relate to the...I still wanna watch part I always used to have wide open eyes and take in every scene, then regret it. After regretting over five times I decided to stop the self-torture.^^ The only movie that didn't scare me was the original version of dark water, it was just "gloomy" in my opinion.)I mean some movies are just bad and no one is scared of them and vice-versa.I heard the ring and the exorcist were pretty scary but I didn't touch that, I really wanted to though>.> .

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedoph View Post
    Are you referring to an Empath other than NF? Could you expound?
    Empaths - Traits of an Empath

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks for the link. I'm familiar with HSP but hadn't heard of the Empath (outside of general empathy) before. That describes me to a T.

Now how to learn to cope in an environment filled with conflict? I just wish there was a way to turn it off.
    Hugs,

Jen
    ~~~~~~~~
    "We must apply our humble efforts to build a more just and humane world. I want to affirm emphatically: such a world is possible. To create this new society we must reach out our hands, without hatred and rancour, for reconciliation and peace, with unfaltering determination in the defense of truth and justice. We know we cannot plant seeds with closed fists. To sow we must open our hands."

~Adolfo Esquivel