User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 69

  1. #31
    Senior Member Snail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    I'm sure this must happen to a lot of you, for example you guys are witnessing a fight in the street and will feel uneasy for an hour or two even though you had nothing to do with the fight and might actually become agressive yourself in other to "purge" the emotion. You're pretty much like a sponge...
    It's quite annoying actually, I remember watching a documentary where someone had been attacked and gotten his hand cut off by rebels in Haiti I believe I felt a weird sensation in my arm and was paranoid for the next four days o.o.
    Or for example someone tells you about something painful and you get tingly all over, weak in the knees for example. Happens to me all the time, I saw three minutes of SAW III with a friend thinking: ha, I can handle it.
    I still remember the scene....disgusting, I decided to stay away from violent and scary movies forever after that. Does anyone else have to literally shut themselves off from the world periodically before they lose their sanity?

    Yes. I am exactly the same way. I mostly just avoid movies now for fear of panic attacks. Even non-violent movies that have cruel characters who say mean or unfair things can get to me. Unexpected scenes sometimes do it, like in "The Last Supper," when the first evil person is invited to dinner and starts being an asshole, the one they kill in self-defense before they start poisoning people, I started screaming and shaking and had to smoke half of a pack of cigarettes to stop crying over the thought that there are actually people in the world who might be like that and might have such horribly unfair ideas. I just went into a blind panic and started screaming
    "Kill him, just kill him!!! Oh please kill that motherf*cking c*cks*cking as*hole!!!! Kill him now!!!" even though I consider myself a pacifist in real life and don't even squish bugs. It was like all of the pain of the injustices of the entire world came out of me all at once. I couldn't sing for over a week because I had damaged my voice, and I'm not sure it ever fully recovered. Some notes still have a roughness to them. Certain kinds of violence bother me more than others, and usually it is worse when I can relate to the character being victimized. I didn't know I carried so much rage inside until that incident, because I make a huge effort to be forgiving to everyone who hurts me in real life. I was so terrified of that character's attitudes that my fight response kicked in, which is unusual. It is more normal for me to want to run away from real conflict. It was still a fear response, but since my fear rarely comes out in that form, it was a bit overwhelming.

  2. #32
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    I am not an F, type but this happens to me as well.

    I do have a fairly high Fi though. My Fe on the other hand is really low.

    It doesn't happen all the time, but I find that emotions are "sticky" with me sometimes. By sticky I mean that if I put the book down or turn the TV off my emotional reaction lingers. Sometimes for hours or even days. My problem is not so much violent things but things that are sad, people dying, relationships ending, some personal tragedy.

    I hear other women talking about loving sad movies, because they cry, but after that they feel better. They have catharsis. If I cry, either because of a movie or book or because something in my life is sad, I don't feel better afterward.

    Books tend to do it for me more that TV. Especially if it is a series and I have "known" the characters for several books.

    In general, I tend to experience a high level of emotion when I read. I never understood people who say that staying at home reading is "boring" because for me it is often an emotional rollercoaster.

    Ilah
    I cried when Porthos was killed in "The Man in the Iron Mask". In fact, I couldn't forgive Dumas for doing it. I felt better only after I read that he cried over Porthos too.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #33
    Member CharmedFantasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    IxFJ
    Posts
    45

    Default

    hmm :o seems most NFs on here don't really like scary movies then? I actually enjoy weird/bizarre/scary/suspense/murder films(because the stories are usually very different than other regular movies). I seek them out and especially think it's great idea watching them in the movie theaters because it makes it even more scary, better with the surround sound, big picture, and darkness! >.> I do get scared sometimes but I like to scare myself anyways lol. :/ I think I get more involved in love,tragedy, happy stories(movie or book)... I'm really sensitive and will cry if something really touches me(usually if someone I like dies, unhappy ending, confessions).. It's weird, it's like I put myself in their perspective and I almost feel how they are feeling so I get all emotional. o.o one time I watched a movie about a couple, and one of the lover died saving the other.. I bawled like a baby lol.. You know that book, Where the Red Fern Grows? I cried at the end, D: when the two dogs died.. because I felt like the boy and their relationship was so close, so sad that he lost them.
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."

  4. #34
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Where The Red Fern Grows has officially destroyed everyone. lol A very VERY sad book.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  5. #35
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    man, i can't say how much i agree with this thread. i like being happy, i like being happy all the time. however, whenever something sad happens to me, someone i know, whatever it is i get emotionally wrapped up. all i can think about will be those mean words that somebody said or why the two characters couldn't have a happy ending. SF's can get very emotional indeed but i DISAGREE that they get the same kind of involvement the NF's do (unfortunately perhaps for us). SF's from my own observation get wrapped up only about themselves or people really close to them. if they see a beggar on the streets or see something sad on TV, they would not think twice about it.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Where The Red Fern Grows has officially destroyed everyone. lol A very VERY sad book.

    It murdered me.

  7. #37
    Senior Member SquirrelTao's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INXX
    Posts
    198

    Default

    This actually doesn't happen to me. But I wonder if something like it is what actors and actresses use to get into their roles. I think it's cool, provided you can swim in it instead of drowning.

    I like horror movies. I see them as being about the secrets we keep from ourselves and/or that society keeps from us.

  8. #38
    Member Tropics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I stay away from horror and movies that involve violence, it's too much. I also absorb peoples emotions like a sponge. It can be quite exhausting. I remember as a child if another child started crying or was in pain. I'd start crying too like it was happening to me! It's been like this my whole life. It seems impossible to change but my nerves could really use a break! Books also get to me too, sometimes I cry for characters like they were real people if something bad happens. Feelings rule me. Oh well.....

  9. #39
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmedFantasy View Post
    hmm :o seems most NFs on here don't really like scary movies then? I actually enjoy weird/bizarre/scary/suspense/murder films(because the stories are usually very different than other regular movies). I seek them out and especially think it's great idea watching them in the movie theaters because it makes it even more scary, better with the surround sound, big picture, and darkness! >.> I do get scared sometimes but I like to scare myself anyways lol. :/ I think I get more involved in love,tragedy, happy stories(movie or book)... I'm really sensitive and will cry if something really touches me(usually if someone I like dies, unhappy ending, confessions).. It's weird, it's like I put myself in their perspective and I almost feel how they are feeling so I get all emotional. o.o one time I watched a movie about a couple, and one of the lover died saving the other.. I bawled like a baby lol.. You know that book, Where the Red Fern Grows? I cried at the end, D: when the two dogs died.. because I felt like the boy and their relationship was so close, so sad that he lost them.
    i think ENF's get emotionally drowned and they don't like it. INF's are attracted to sad things because of it.

    talking bout scary movies, i do have examples on just how bad we can be. i hate scary movies. i don't understand the point of paying that money just so you can be scared. i remember being peer pressured into watching i am legend (which isn't even a horror film really) with my friends. the group was an ENFP (me), an ISFP, an ESFP and an ENFJ. we're a laid back, fun loving, spontaneous group as you may tell, so during the movie, we were all cracking jokes.

    at the beginning of the movie, we were all cracking jokes. all 4 of us. it wasn't really scary just kinda interesting. but by the end of the movie, it was only the SP's that were talking. why's that? because me and the ENFJ were too busy 'jumping' from the zombie lookalikes breaking roofs and such. the SP's were used to it. they're detached and those things don't phase them much. the ENFJ pretended that he wasn't scared, but we knew better . i just admitted it. scary movies and ENF's just don't mix

  10. #40
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    man, i can't say how much i agree with this thread. i like being happy, i like being happy all the time. however, whenever something sad happens to me, someone i know, whatever it is i get emotionally wrapped up. all i can think about will be those mean words that somebody said or why the two characters couldn't have a happy ending. SF's can get very emotional indeed but i DISAGREE that they get the same kind of involvement the NF's do (unfortunately perhaps for us). SF's from my own observation get wrapped up only about themselves or people really close to them. if they see a beggar on the streets or see something sad on TV, they would not think twice about it.
    Wow you could not be more wrong.

    I imagine that SF's probably feel a keener sense of urgency to actually DO something instead of feeling their pain but doing nothing because of passive idealism.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking types and their emotions.
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-26-2014, 02:06 PM
  2. [NF] How should one deal with NF's that are being overly emotional?
    By ajblaise in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 11:30 AM
  3. [ISFP] ISFP and hiding emotions
    By NYmac86 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Do NF's have power and control issues?
    By Eric B in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO