User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Actually looking back...I usually rarely have dreams unless something is bothering me. And usually they're nightmares for the most part! But I am wondering if there is a difference with display of emotion between enfx and inf because most people around me feel that I am unemotional when it's quite the opposite inside. Do you guys get that too? Only people very close to me are aware of that, the rest think of as very "t" (haha! yeah right...I wish though)
    The few people with whom I have discussed MBTI irl haven't believed that I'm an F.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    I am not an F, type but this happens to me as well.

I do have a fairly high Fi though. My Fe on the other hand is really low.

It doesn't happen all the time, but I find that emotions are "sticky" with me sometimes. By sticky I mean that if I put the book down or turn the TV off my emotional reaction lingers. Sometimes for hours or even days. My problem is not so much violent things but things that are sad, people dying, relationships ending, some personal tragedy.

I hear other women talking about loving sad movies, because they cry, but after that they feel better. They have catharsis. If I cry, either because of a movie or book or because something in my life is sad, I don't feel better afterward.

Books tend to do it for me more that TV. Especially if it is a series and I have "known" the characters for several books.

In general, I tend to experience a high level of emotion when I read. I never understood people who say that staying at home reading is "boring" because for me it is often an emotional rollercoaster.

Ilah
    That's interesting, I don't experience that "catharsis" either, it's more like a lingering panic/happy/sad etc.. feeling but then again my T is pretty high. Leysing, what do they think you are?
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    FiSi

Leysing, what do they think you are?
    INTP or INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Leysing View Post
    INTP or INTJ.

When I very first started to learn about MBTI, I thought my INFP bro was an INTP. He's a math whiz and very nerdy, though, so it sorta makes sense in retrospect with limited MBTI knowledge.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ

I have noticed that I tend to take on what other people are feeling. Especially those who I consider to be very close to. Also, these strong feelings often show up as physical symptoms, much like any sort of conflict does.

MBTI
    INFP

I think I've developed a pretty decent filter for this type of stuff. I do get sad, but I manage to block the pain out.

If it is a close friend, I empathize, completely. But... I manage to withdraw inside myself and still remain objective.

However...

Books. Books do it for me.

For example: Fourth grade. I was reading "Summer of My German Soldier" during reading time. Anton died and I started sobbing. The entire class looked at me as though I had sprouted an extra head. No one understood that it was the book that did it to me.

For example: Earlier this year. (I'm 20 years old, currently.) I read "Stranger in a Strange Land" (finally). One of the main characters dies at the end. It's three in the morning, I'm sitting on the couch in the living room. I burst into tears and start shouting "No! No! No!" over and over again. I wake up my brother, who thinks something horrid has just happened. I calm down... only to burst into tears again because the ending is so beautiful.

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    When I very first started to learn about MBTI, I thought my INFP bro was an INTP. He's a math whiz and very nerdy, though, so it sorta makes sense in retrospect with limited MBTI knowledge.
    Yes... I can clearly see the reasons to the mistypings - my Ti happens to be rather strong, too. It's just rather amusing in the sense that in the end I'm very F.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

It depends.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ

Oh...so this post wasn't necessary ._.
    Secretly I'm a wannabe T, then I could enjoy scary movies without having nightmares....xD. My t friends sure do I was always excited to go with them at first, I proposed the idea then I was too scared to do it again...kinda pathetic if you ask me
    I can be a T wanna-be at times. But watching scary movies without getting scared, I don't think that's a T trait, it could be any. I'm just saying, I like how Widekit put it to words. Nothing towards you.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    When you have the nightmares take control. Realize you're dreaming then start kicking the monster's ass. It's your dream, you're the one handing everyone their ass, not the other way around.

I could actually do that. But I only do it without realizing it. And my subconscience is being jacked up with caffiene and sugar, very hard to control dreams.