User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default You ENFP's watch the news?

ok, ENFP's are very much supposed to know what's going on in society. i think it's only logical that we watch the news right? ironically, i just can't stand it. let's face it, the news is not the most positive thing on TV. the dark stories are the ones that are airable. whenever i hear about so many people dying in a tornado or rapists on the loose, i can't help but help to feel sad, and i just don't like things like that. i just can't separate myself from what's happening on the news and my own feelings. am i alone in this?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    ok, ENFP's are very much supposed to know what's going on in society. i think it's only logical that we watch the news right? ironically, i just can't stand it. let's face it, the news is not the most positive thing on TV. the dark stories are the ones that are airable. whenever i hear about so many people dying in a tornado or rapists on the loose, i can't help but help to feel sad, and i just don't like things like that. i just can't separate myself from what's happening on the news and my own feelings. am i alone in this?
    Nope. I don't watch the news. First, it's sensationalized, negative crap. Second, it isn't usually accurate. Third, I'm too busy. Fourth, I don't give a crap half the time.

Okay, that was not a politically correct answer, but it is the truth.

Now let's assume something interesting actually does attract my attention. Then, I am most likely to read about it rather than watch the news, which is innundated with 30 second TV clips about this or that. That does not mean that the written form is any better, but if any form could be better, it would be the written version.

Just my opinion.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Sensory overload

Me neither, I rarely watch it unless there is something awful after happening and I need to get my head around it! All that seems to be on the news is politics... I hate politics... maybe its just Irish politics because I have no idea what its like everywhere else but all those empty promises and clapping eachother on the back for cutting a ribbon drives me crazy!

This is awful - but big wars & conflict stories don't phase me at all, I switch off, I'm de-sensitized, however show me a story about one person in that zone where I have gotton to know them and I am inconsolable!

Our problem is probably that we are tired of most of what is on the news, we need something new to whet our appetites unless it is something that affects us personally in some way... god that sounds awfully selfish - maybe I'll watch the news this evening!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by stopandstare View Post
    Me neither, I rarely watch it unless there is something awful after happening and I need to get my head around it! All that seems to be on the news is politics... I hate politics... maybe its just Irish politics because I have no idea what its like everywhere else but all those empty promises and clapping eachother on the back for cutting a ribbon drives me crazy!

This is awful - but big wars & conflict stories don't phase me at all, I switch off, I'm de-sensitized, however show me a story about one person in that zone where I have gotton to know them and I am inconsolable!

Our problem is probably that we are tired of most of what is on the news, we need something new to whet our appetites unless it is something that affects us personally in some way... god that sounds awfully selfish - maybe I'll watch the news this evening!
    Trust us, politicians are the same all around the world...

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I watch the news a lot. I like to know what's going on in the world, but I also have to be very careful of what I take in, because I get very upset when I see others suffering. So, I have to be discriminating sometimes.

MBTI
    EXXP

Yes, I watch the news. I like to keep a pulse on everything.

But, as LadyJaye said I have to be careful with myself. There is a local news program here that features an orphaned child that is available for adoption once a week, I have to be really careful NOT to watch it because then I get very very sad and worry about the child for forever, literally.

I plan on adopting in a few years, but it is too much for me to watch children without families on tv trying to find a family.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    INTP

Not being an ENFP I don't know how to answer that question.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    Yes, I watch the news. I like to keep a pulse on everything.

But, as LadyJaye said I have to be careful with myself. There is a local news program here that features an orphaned child that is available for adoption once a week, I have to be really careful NOT to watch it because then I get very very sad and worry about the child for forever, literally.

ACK! I do the same thing! :| They featured a bunch of wee Russian orphans in the newspaper several months ago - they were being adopted by people in our area. But, one of the little boys didn't find a family, so he had to go back to Russia, and he kept pointing at the foster parent's house and crying and saying " Home! Home!" I cried so hard when I read that. I couldn't stop tearing up about it for days. Something about seeing a little guy in his Pooh Bear shoes and weeping was too much for me. I still wonder where he is, if he's okay and if he found a home. I even still remember his name. Poor little man.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i'm glad i'm not alone in this one. group no.1-sign-that-you're-an-ENFP.

if we can establish one thing is that we all feel sad when we watch other people suffer (well, most of us ). i would very much like to be able to watch the news just to keep an eye on the no.1 forces governing our world (i don't just mean governments). i really don't know if it's in me though probably won't even be concentrating by the time that stuff comes on.

edit: who gave this thread one star? :steam:

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    ACK! I do the same thing! :| They featured a bunch of wee Russian orphans in the newspaper several months ago - they were being adopted by people in our area. But, one of the little boys didn't find a family, so he had to go back to Russia, and he kept pointing at the foster parent's house and crying and saying " Home! Home!" I cried so hard when I read that. I couldn't stop tearing up about it for days. Something about seeing a little guy in his Pooh Bear shoes and weeping was too much for me. I still wonder where he is, if he's okay and if he found a home. I even still remember his name. Poor little man.

I actually teared up reading this. On top of being an orphan, taken to a foreign country and then the ONLY one not adopted -- WOW. I certainly understand why you would remember his name and that image of him, this would haunt me for sure.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips