User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well...i'll only admit it to you because you get it...haha...not really but yeah...i know i should...i do care...but...i also believe you make your own reality and i can choose to let that stuff in or not and it frankly disturbs me too much...i literally can't sleep after accidentally hearing some horrific story...i can't get the images out of my head...it's not normal i don't think.

same with scary movies...i used to watch them and liked them and now i've decided it just stays in there too long and screws with me...so i just can't do it....weird.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    well...i'll only admit it to you because you get it...haha...not really but yeah...i know i should...i do care...but...i also believe you make your own reality and i can choose to let that stuff in or not and it frankly disturbs me too much...i literally can't sleep after accidentally hearing some horrific story...i can't get the images out of my head...it's not normal i don't think.

same with scary movies...i used to watch them and liked them and now i've decided it just stays in there too long and screws with me...so i just can't do it....weird.
    I can hear or see something horrific on TV and be near impartial. Like someone is running down the street with half their head blown off, and I think, "hmm... we are having a war why?", or "ouch! that must hurt.", but I don't normally get the empathy unless there is sound or a close up with eyes. I'm not sure what that means, maybe I'm desensitised . I love horror movies too. The more psycho and suspense, the better.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i know what you mean...i have been able to in the past when i used to love horror movies or now if i have to...occasionally...detach myself from it...i either can't watch it...or i detach from it because the reality of it is too intense and it leaves me feeling hopeless which is just about the most dreaded emotion ever...so yeah...i get that.

but i think most people can watch it...and have an appropriate level of reaction to it...i don't feel like i can.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i know what you mean...i have been able to in the past when i used to love horror movies or now if i have to...occasionally...detach myself from it...i either can't watch it...or i detach from it because the reality of it is too intense and it leaves me feeling hopeless which is just about the most dreaded emotion ever...so yeah...i get that.

but i think most people can watch it...and have an appropriate level of reaction to it...i don't feel like i can.
    I think on some strange level I have an interest in the workings of it all. I like psychopaths and their strange approach to things; Sometimes they feel so familiar and human then other times so far from it. Also the strategising of killers interests me. Maybe I like profiling.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

no, I don't. I hear about it from my bf, my parents etc, but with all the misery that here is out there is out there in the world, it is too painful and frustrating to watch, knowing you cannot do a damn about it. And, no, I don't close my eyes for it, either. I already know there is a lot of work still in the world, and I am a member of several organizations who deal with these problems. But I do not need to feel the pain of other people every day. I wouldn't have a life anymore then. (My dad actually tried to get me to watch the news for years, as he could not understand this )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

I watch more news than anything else because most TV is fucking retarded or something.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I think on some strange level I have an interest in the workings of it all. I like psychopaths and their strange approach to things; Sometimes they feel so familiar and human then other times so far from it. Also the strategising of killers interests me. Maybe I like profiling.
    oh...i like profiling too and i'm good at it...but that's the frightening bit...because i have to really let it in to understand it and i don't want that kind of crazy in there it's terrifying.
    -Jim Morrison