User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I watch the news if there's nothing else on. There's pretty funny stuff on it sometimes, like a monkey in a tunnel (or something like that). Hehe.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    I actually teared up reading this. On top of being an orphan, taken to a foreign country and then the ONLY one not adopted -- WOW. I certainly understand why you would remember his name and that image of him, this would haunt me for sure.
    Oh man, it was horrible. My poor twin sister was patting me on the back for weeks after I read that article. Life can be dismally hard for people who are armed for it, but that wee man had next to nothing. I tell you, I would have adopted that child on the spot if I had been there. lol

Funny, I teared up when I read your post because I related to how you felt.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I used to watch the news everyday until I entered college. I'd always know what was happening. (I also recall an episode, when I was 8 years old or something, where I saw an image of an african child that was ultra skinny due to hunger on the news, and bursted into tears uncontrollably immediately. Even at the time I had found it odd that I was crying like that.)

But nowadays I don't watch the news anymore. It's crap. They don't pay importance to truly important stuff and just do the whole sensationalist act.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

yeah, that is true. i don't think they focus on what's important at all. when i hear about some hitchhiker who got killed or something, it's not gonna mean much in the grand scheme of things. all that does is make me feel sad that something like that happened. isn't that just completely unhealthy?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Once in a while I do.. like for weather/traffic. I try not to since most of news shown in the U.S. is filtered biased garbage.

I read up on current world events from various online sources.

MBTI
    ENFP

Default The effect of TV

This is kinda related - like the effect TV can have on me - I once watched a movie called Wolf Creek about an abduction and torture in the outback in Oz. God only knows why I watched it but I did... any way, I couldn't sleep for well over a week after it and still have random nightmares every so often from it! Everyong my age here is immigrating to Oz at the moment but I just can't even think about it because of how strongly I reacted to that film! I even get shivers and fearful just looking at that shack on the front of the Australian lonely planet book! Its like I actually went through the ordeal myself... how sad is that...

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Oh man, it was horrible. My poor twin sister was patting me on the back for weeks after I read that article. Life can be dismally hard for people who are armed for it, but that wee man had next to nothing. I tell you, I would have adopted that child on the spot if I had been there. lol

Funny, I teared up when I read your post because I related to how you felt.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Nope. I don't watch the news. First, it's sensationalized, negative crap. Second, it isn't usually accurate. Third, I'm too busy. Fourth, I don't give a crap half the time.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    i'm glad i'm not alone in this one. group no.1-sign-that-you're-an-ENFP.

if we can establish one thing is that we all feel sad when we watch other people suffer (well, most of us ). i would very much like to be able to watch the news just to keep an eye on the no.1

I don't.... I almost never cry in front of a TV, except when I am tired (or down which doesn't happen a lot)

MBTI
    ENFP

i try to but it always makes me angry and i often find i don't necessarily know who's opinion's most valid or which "facts" are most correct.

i like listening to npr though.