User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INFP

All the time!

They ask why I'm not as social as the other teenagers, or why I don't even hang around them. Or when in a group discussion that has digressed from a social issue to movies, they ask why I don't say anything.

Which is why I'm pretty quiet because no one really takes an intetrest in what I have to say, save for a FEW people that I rarely meet, and if I DO say something, no one really cares.

MBTI
    INFP

They fear what they don't understand. When I'm quiet, they respect me, but not out of fear, but that they feel that I care for them. Like an awe kind of fear.

MBTI
    INFP

I think im only quiet when i honeslty have nothing to say, and i only have nothing to say because im honeslty too busy thinking to even formulate a single thought that could be put down ina sentence...in class discussions i find myself so overwhelmed by all the info that i have to go over it in my head and have whole discussions in my head, but i dont usually say much, the teacher tends to think im stupid lol or whatever, and iv gotten the question why u so quiet a infinity number of times....meh...i jst ignore it now and say , ummmm coz i have nothing to say? or jst smile and walk away lol...i just got really sick of loud people thinking that just because they feel the need to blurt out every passing thought and share it (loudly most of the time) with the rest of us makes them any more interestin or smart or better etc...its just a totally different way of being, so in conclusion why is being quiet seen as a bad thing? if anything people are just too loud nowadays...
    p.s alot of people think im loud and annoying (this is when i get really hyper and FEEL like tlkin)....so its not a matter of not wanting to tlk or wanting to tlk as if its just a switch u flick on and off...it just naturally happens and i dont think anyone should really be judged about either mode...=)
    I 98% N 75% F 75% P 67%
    Enneagram: 4w5>9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

I sometimes get the "why are you so quiet" question. But the one people ask the most is "do you ever get really mad?" I smile pretty much all the time so people think I'm happy all the time. I'm happy most of the time, but even when I'm not it is difficult NOT to smile. Sometimes I even smile when I'm yelling.

I'm pretty quiet unless I'm around a group of people I am really comfortable with. Normally I'm just observing or kind of in a daydream, but I hate it. I always get worried people think I'm being judgemental by being quiet or simply don't like their company. So I make it a point to at least try and engage in conversation, even when I don't want to, so they'll feel like I'm not a judgemental asshole.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

answer: introverts (25%) extroverts (75%)
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I really don't like that question either. Like everyone is suppose to be loud and everything. One day I'll surprise someone with a new attitude, lol.

MBTI
    ENFP

i'm an enfp, and i get asked that, too. it annoys the hell out of me.
    if i have nothing substantial to say, then i'd rather not waste my breath.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i can be quiet too...i don't think you need to fill every moment up with noise...and i'd rather have silence then boring chit chat that i can't even pretend to care about...i like funny nonsensical stuff or real conversations...but boring stories about peoples neighbors that have nothing to do with anything...and it's not even meant to be funny...no thanks...i'll just be quiet and hope you stop talking.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Why are you so quiet?

I've thought about this a lot--probably because it drives me nuts, especially the "smile" thing. I think part of it for me is that I am most likely to meet people when I'm hypomanic People seem really attracted to that. When I return to my introverted self, it causes confusion and concern--and unless there's some real foundation for a friendship--it's usually the end of the relationship.

With close friends I'm usually pretty engaging, so when I'm quiet, I get questions like "Are you starting to get depressed?" when in fact it's just that I'm more contemplative than usual. At least they don't tell me to smile.

I was initially drawn to my first EH because he seemed so comfortable with silence and never made small talk. We were about a year into the marriage before I realized he had nothing to say...about anything.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx