1) Economy is good - why say what does not need to be or what should be understood?
2) I don't want to encourage people to talk to me when I don't feel like talking to them.
3) I disapprove of a situation but do not want to piss off the people involved or do not consider it my place to change it. I am not going to hold back if I open my mouth, so I keep it shut.
4) I am processing/concentrating on something.
5) I am just in a contemplative frame of mind.
6) Too lazy to talk.
hoarding time and space
A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
â€” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
I think being too quiet to someone often makes them feel that their company is unwanted.
Well, I always get this at big family meet-ups. I get all quiet and put my hands in my pockets so that they won't see my clenched fists. I'm like this around other people I don't like that much, too. So, for me who is an extrovert or ambivert, this really means that I don't want the company, that i'd probably pay a goddamn fee to be left alone.
Conclusion: extroverts who don't have a huge insight in how introverts works most of the time think you guys hate the company.
Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come