User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IxFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

Always get the combination of "quiet" and "smile" as in your so quiet I don't know if you're ok unless you smile resulting in a demand for me to grin like a fool :steam:
    Lol ... I think it's just more awkward if people point it out. I hate thaaat. If they want me to talk or smile, why don't they talk to me then o.O or try to make me laugh or w/e. Asking me why I'm quiet or don't smile in a negative tone, turns me off even more. After that I don't even Want to talk or Smile to That person because they're forcing meee I really don't get it though >.> why even ask those kinds of questions.. "Why are you so quiet?" ... "um because I just am? or I don't have anything on my mind to contribute.. or I just don't feel like talking? or just because I don't want to talk to You." o.O .. sometimes when ppl ask me that question, I just want to say "why don't you just shut up?" lol

I don't like it when people have already judged me before they even try to get to know me. :/ I'm not really a quiet person.. I mean to strangers and people I don't know well. But to close friends, family I am not.
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've gotten "Why are you so quiet?" before. I always just say, "I'm thinking." Of course then they ask, "What are you thinking about?" and I always answer, "Hmm. I don't know." I get a bit of a thrill out of knowing they're probably frustrated with my non-commital answer.

I've also gotten "You look so sad, you should smile!" when I'm just off somewhere daydreaming or I'm half-asleep or I had one of those "I wonder what would happen if..." thoughts.

Aside from that, I met one guy who asked me what I was doing walking around the dormitory parking lot at night. I answered, "I was thinking." He then proceeded to ask the question again, only to receive the same answer. I think we went back and forth with it five times, and he STILL didn't seem to understand my answer. I don't know if he was having one of those moments where your brain fails to process what the other person said (and what you hear instead is a sort of muffled sound coming from the other person...you know they said something, you just don't know what it was for the life of you) or if he was just dumb.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENTP

I love when people ask me this because then I can return the favor: "Why are you so loud?"
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I've also gotten "You look so sad, you should smile!" when I'm just off somewhere daydreaming or I'm half-asleep or I had one of those "I wonder what would happen if..." thoughts.
    I get this a lot, or something similar like: "Cheer up, it may never happen!", often when I'm in a perfectly happy mood, quietly contemplating inner landscapes or whatever.

Unhappily, it is not socially appropriate to reply with:

"Pasting a cheesy grin on my face just to please others involves maintaining a level of attention to grim outer reality which can seriously disrupt my serene introspections, so I'll pass, thank you!"

MBTI
    INFJ

Aah I hate this question. I usually try to think of something funny to say but then I get kind of flustered 'cause I feel like I'm on the spot.

MBTI
    INTP

I usually get a sarcastic "Shut up already" from my extroverted friends. And I've found that I get asked "what's so damn funny?" rather than "what's wrong?" because I can't help but smile (and even laugh, on occasion) at some of my thoughts. Sometimes I'll respond with something relevant to my thoughts rather than the conversation (which quite often make me laugh/smile even more) and they're left thinking I'm crazy.

I remember an SP telling me once that my silence made her "feel stupid". I really didn't know where to begin so I just gave her an awkward "I'm sorry", to which she replied "That makes me feel a liiiittle bit better." A very long, awkward (and hilarious) silence followed.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

...and the number of people who decide that you have no personality if you're not bouncing off the walls all of the time is also something that I love.

I get the 'why don't you smile' and the 'gee, you're so quiet' thing too. I love booya's answer. I'm going to use it if that's ok with you booya.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    ...I think it has more to do with neutral being the new negative. Positive gets counted as neutral, so a smile is considered normal; neutral gets counted as negative, so a blank expression is considered unpleasant; and negative gets counted as taboo, so it isn't expected at all.
    Some Prozac will catch you up to the times.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

do you guys talk a lot amongst your close friends though?

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    do you guys talk a lot amongst your close friends though?
    Heh, I'm one of the loudest when in the right mood.