User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

When I was a teenager, another girl told me that I laugh too much. She said it was annoying. That made me self-conscious about it for a while but I just couldn't stop so I just said to hell with her and forgot about it.

The older I get the funnier things get too.

I also have never had the "why are you so quiet?" question. Mostly because I tend to gravitate towards quiet people (I like them a lot) and I guess I talk more than they do. When I get around really talkative people, I tend to not talk and listen to them.

I have asked the question to certain people before in the past though.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    I am so sick of this question, it's usually asked like an accusation.
    Better than "why won't you shut up?", isn't it? I've heard them both (and that I'm too loud), but in a more friendly tone. It never seemed like an accusation to me. I've also heard that I laugh too much, but then again I hear often that one of my good features is my laugh.

So, I dont bother to think about these things too much.

MBTI
    INFP

I get "Why are you so quiet?" and "Why don't you smile?" all the time. In case anyone really wants the answer, I'm quiet because I don't have anything I feel like communicating right now, and I'm probably thinking about something interesting that I'd rather not talk about until I get it all worked out in my head. I'm not smiling because it's inauthentic to smile unless I feel like it, and I'd rather not be fake about my feelings. If I must smile to put you at ease, I will, because I aim to please. I just don't like being forced to choose between being honest and being kind, because I'd really like to be both.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

i just realized how much i dislike overly extroverted people.
    and i get it like its a sign on my head
    " ask me about my laconic nature "
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Because I have nothing to say on this tediously boring subject that won't be skipped over anyway...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah me too, why don't you smile, why don't you talk. I don't have anything to say to them.o.O...Funny though I ask my enfp sister the opposite: why are you always talking to me? I want to be alone.She actually keeps talking xD....
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

No one's ever asked, then again I sometimes warn people of it out of politeness.
    Some have thought I just don't want to talk.
    Once I received a comment that "I know you well enough not to get insulted by the quietness." Uhh? But that was my aunt, who is really extroverted as a person..

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, appearantly being quiet comes across as "I think i'm too good to talk to you..a.k.a snobbism" I went to do an internship in a restaurant once and well since I barely talked and came from a relatively good school they took it an as me being a snob or being disgusted my the kitchen o.o...
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I get "Why are you so quiet?" and "Why don't you smile?" all the time. In case anyone really wants the answer, I'm quiet because I don't have anything I feel like communicating right now, and I'm probably thinking about something interesting that I'd rather not talk about until I get it all worked out in my head. I'm not smiling because it's inauthentic to smile unless I feel like it, and I'd rather not be fake about my feelings. If I must smile to put you at ease, I will, because I aim to please. I just don't like being forced to choose between being honest and being kind, because I'd really like to be both.
    Ditto! You just summed it up perfectly for me right there, that's exactly how I feel!

MBTI
    INXP

I am mostly quiet because it upsets me when people are loud. Plus calm almost always seems the logical approach.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.