User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I have a hard time staying "with" a group of people. I will zone out or wander off, because I cannot handle all of the noise.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    This happens every now and then. It was actually amusing in school where I could freely set up my pranks and no one would notice. Which felt stupid since I was infront of the whole time. The same when walking into a group of people or near someone, doing my thing and then saying something, at what moment everyone has a heart attack over me suddenly appearing or 'sneaking around'.
    it makes me fuzzy inside to know you get that too. I'll change the name of the thread if possible though, it's clear now it's not an solely infp "symptom".
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    FiSi

Ha-ha, my friends often complain to me because of my tendency to disappear and leave them talking to themselves.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have to say I do the same thing.

I just knew how to be "invisible" and no one would notice me even if I was in the group. Even physically. Just avoid interaction and making eye contact and walk carefully and be casually unobtrusive and it is amazing what people won't notice. It's like "cloaking mode"... where you just pull back into yourself for a bit, feel out when people aren't looking, and then carefully go on your way or make it look like you're getting up to do one thing and instead you leave by the most unobtrusive route possible. (Or you get up to use the bathroom and just never come back.)

I would slip away if I got bored or emotionally drained, usually. Just being a group, sometimes I get restless and I need to go do something to find real stimulation for my brain.

I was wondering if the P helped.
    Sleepless is INFJ, but everyone else here is P.

I think many J types (maybe not INFJ, but the others) don't mind as much making bold/obvious/strong actions and choices.
    IxxPs might be much more likely to flex around quietly to what is happening and perceiving the right moment to make a departure as to cause the least amount of waves, without even thinking much of it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Suddenly the song "I dissapear" by Metallica enters my brain... lol
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Suddenly the song "I dissapear" by Metallica enters my brain... lol
    Not a fan of metal but I'll check it out
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    I was wondering if the P helped.
    Sleepless is INFJ, but everyone else here is P.
    That's possible, I also was P before I was J. Does N help too? Everyone here's N... though most people who write here are Ns, so maybe that doesn't tell us anything.

Dwigie,

sorry if I "stepped on you" a little, I was answering to the first post, it seems now I just repeated what the others said. :rolli:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    That's possible, I also was P before I was J.
    So you were for it before you were against it?

Does N help too? Everyone here's N... though most people who write here are Ns, so maybe that doesn't tell us anything.
    I don't know. IS's tend to be earthier and more engaged in concrete ways that are observable. IN's tend to be more ethereal and internalized, so they put out less observable and tangible cues of their presence.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

*poof*
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    That's possible, I also was P before I was J. Does N help too? Everyone here's N... though most people who write here are Ns, so maybe that doesn't tell us anything.
    I think the intuition helps, we'll probably spot the moment to disappear without being noticed, easier. Like when some intuitives scan when it's okay to add comments to the conversation without interrupting. And like Jennifer said it's probably in some of the presence that we portray around ourselves, in the ethereal air.

Dwingie it makes me fuzzy inside to know that I'm not the only one.