User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: INFJ and career

Sniffles

If you want Isb, we could have a discussion about this in private. I too have a degree in law-related studies, and yes I too have many qualms about whether or not it's really the right path for me. Although other circumstances limit my prospects in this field as well.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I am a stay at home mother and professional worrier,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I can't believe I only read this thread now.

When I joined TYpeC, I was studying for the bar. I just passed the bar a few months ago, and now I'm in a midsized firm, handling mostly litigation.

Litigation per se is fun for the INFJ, I think, mental/logical calisthenics and all. But the "trappings" of litigation (having to interact with a great number of people, and just being generally that close to human conflict), it's taxing on the soul. I think.

Ideally though, I want to work for an international NGO, with focus on human rights, political persecution and refugee rights. All in good time.

As for "happy INFJ lawyers," I wouldn't consider myself one of them (for now, at least.) I'm trying to gain enough experience to get into the kind of law I want to practice.

(Would love to know what happened, Isb. )
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm a teacher, but am frustrated with the system. I see either designing my own job and selling a division on their need for it, or getting involved in some other facet of education that would effect change.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

^what do you teach?

MBTI
    iNfj

Can more infj's respond to this thread. I'm really interested in other people's responses.
    Myself - I work as a researcher (humanities/social sciences).

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

My career, was as a respite provider for families with mentally disabled children, I worked mostly with children with downs/autism, it was a very rewarding job, I only left it so I could come care for my mom, a late stage cancer patient, so now im working as a caregiver for a late stage cancer patient... the ironic thing is how similar the job is in many ways, shows you how similar many people can be, even those who cant communicate with the world in what is considered a normal way...

As far as your career choice in law goes, I dont know anything about it from personal experience, but it honestly sounds like it could be an incredibly interesting and potentially rewarding career if you find yourself the right niche...

MBTI
    INFJ

public health / gender researcher / teaching assistant / data analyst

MBTI
    INFJ

Writer / Personal Support Worker (LTC and home care) / Mom / Ezine editor / Web Designer / Typewriter Repairer / Perpetual Student

Currently enrolled in a culinary course to become a cook, hopefully in a care facility of some sort. Am debating if I'll continue on to take nutritionist or dietician courses for specialty diets, or to get a bachelor's in gerontology.

Of course, none of these skills made me a lot, or any, money. Somehow all my million dollar ideas turn into charity work or are simply given away : /

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Birth doula, mother, counseling hopeful (after my children aren't so small).

The very thought of having to put myself out there as a lawyer exhausts me completely. I'd be a good one (I can be very convincing and good at laying things out well for people), but I'd fall into bed crying every day, for sure. Of course, the juncture of my life is pretty relationally taxing for me, anyway. I might feel differently in 10 years or so.
    I think I think more than you think I think.