User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I always thought that ticking was a timer connected to explosives. I really don't care to get closer to find out if that's actually true.
    I thought you NTs love things that tick.

Even explosives....

Though you would never admit it...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

UGH! You ENFPs FAIL!!!! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL! This is a PITY PARTY! While I appreciate the uplifting statements from everyone, the self pity from my fellow ENFPs is sorely lacking.

Don't you see? I'm trying to be uplifting from the other direction! I want catharsis! I want to be validated in my self loathing and thus freed from it.

I hate the intensity! I hate the slight social awkwardness! I hate the fact that I over analyze EVERYTHING! That I'm always in denial of how I really feel! That I don't have the friggin' self discipline to do ANYTHING! I hate that my energy is so great that I'm pretty sure it scares people off! I hate being called weird every time I open my mouth! I hate having to explain myself everytime I open my mouth! I hate holding opinions without analyzing them until challened and only then actually take the time to learn something and look into it! I hate feeling stupid! I hate being so sensitive that I cut off all contact from everyone save a few childhood friends because I know they won't reject me! I hate being so tempermental! I hate that everyone knows how I'm feeling at all times, and as hard as I try, I can't hide it! I HATE MY GOD DAMN INSOMNIA!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Oh my goodness, I FEEL GREAT!!!!! FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! I've never done that before... just let it all out to strangers. Man, now I'm hyper. I'm gonna go dance naked or something. Peace, y'all!

EDIT: I really really want to delete these last 2 posts... but I'm going to leave them alone for the sake of knowledge. I hope they can give the ignorant a glimpse into the potential insanity of certain ENFPs.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Oh my goodness, I FEEL GREAT!!!!! FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! I've never done that before... just let it all out to strangers. Man, now I'm hyper. I'm gonna go dance naked or something. Peace, y'all!

EDIT: I reeeeaaaallly want to delete these posts... but I'm going to leave them alone. I hope they can give the ignorant a glimpse into the potential insanity of certain ENFPs.
    I think I need to scrub my eyes now.

I'll be right back.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, this is appropriate. The finale of Beethoven's 9th Symphony (Ode to Joy) just started blasting from my TV... I love PBS. OK, I'm gonna go for real now.

MBTI
    INXP

I hate the intensity! I hate the slight social awkwardness! I hate the fact that I over analyze EVERYTHING! That I'm always in denial of how I really feel! That I don't have the friggin' self discipline to do ANYTHING! I hate that my energy is so great that I'm pretty sure it scares people off! I hate being called weird every time I open my mouth! I hate having to explain myself everytime I open my mouth! I hate holding opinions without analyzing them until challened and only then actually take the time to learn something and look into it! I hate feeling stupid! I hate being so sensitive that I cut off all contact from everyone save a few childhood friends because I know they won't reject me! I hate being so tempermental! I hate that everyone knows how I'm feeling at all times, and as hard as I try, I can't hide it! I HATE MY GOD DAMN INSOMNIA!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like knowing how you feel. You're an interesting person.

As a very weird, intense, awkward INxP, I can relate to all the above. And after your threat to delete, I sincerely empathise too.

I'm going to dance naked now. 'though I may get a boner because the people in the houses opposite will be able to see me if they're up (it's 3am - fellow insomniac ). I'm not putting any music on, though, as people are asleep. I'll just have to have a mind-funk.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

I hate the slight social awkwardness! I hate the fact that I over analyze EVERYTHING! That I'm always in denial of how I really feel! [...] I hate being called weird every time I open my mouth! I hate having to explain myself everytime I open my mouth!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so with you
    Sometimes I do enjoy being different from others, but somehow its just so annoying that people keep telling me i'm weird...
    if i could be surrounded by only ENFPs then I wouldn't be "weird" anymore.
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I can understand how hard it must be with all the pressure on you, not feeling like you can live up to what you need to live up to. And it's probably uncomfortable and embarrassing at times. I understand why you'd want things to be easier for you.

But what I would suggest to you is that you try harder to appreciate how you are. Perhaps consider taking a job with more flexible hours or something, going to places where people tend to be intense... finding friends who don't mind it. I think you're better off trying to fit your life around who you are than chastising yourself for not being who you think you should be. I mean, would you really want to change yourself? Of course, I can't say I've never done anything like this to myself, but I'm pretty sure it's still good advice.

Sorry it's been hard on you so far. I hope you have better luck later on.

You're right. The 8:30 to 5 thing is definitely not cutting it. I only have another year of it, though. Switching jobs would be a very very bad idea, as I'm making connections where I am that will help me get where I want to go. I think once the applications are over, and better yet, once the acceptance letters come in, I'll be less emo. You're right, though... I think many of my weaknesses are extreme expressions of my strengths and not something to wish away. I hate how that works. Thanks for the perspective.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I like knowing how you feel. You're an interesting person.

As a very weird, intense, awkward INxP, I can relate to all the above. And after your threat to delete, I sincerely empathise too.

I'm going to dance naked now. 'though I may get a boner because the people in the houses opposite will be able to see me if they're up (it's 3am - fellow insomniac ). I'm not putting any music on, though, as people are asleep. I'll just have to have a mind-funk.
    It's so liberating, no? to you.

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    I'm so with you
    Sometimes I do enjoy being different from others, but somehow its just so annoying that people keep telling me i'm weird...
    if i could be surrounded by only ENFPs then I wouldn't be "weird" anymore.
    There have actually been times that I've felt like a weird ENFP on this site. That's right... not just ENFP-weird, but weird ENFP. That's rare, however. This site is a godsend to me. I feel far more comfortable being my weird self here than in the real world. My goodness, I sound like an introvert!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I totally get what you're saying phoenix. I've been called weird my whole life by my peers and it can be exausting trying to filter your words so you won't get that 'look' from the people that don't understand. There was a phase I went through in middle school where I did not care at all what people thought about me and I was as weird as I possibly could be just to get a reaction out of people. Ah...good days...I'm still the weird, funny, go getter but I've turned it down a few notches since entering high school. I'm glad for this site as well cause it's so bizarre to see other people with that same...ENFP factor. I always felt I was the only one with this type of weirdness, but I'm not and I can relate to people ten times more than I could before. Yayness.

There are times I wonder what God was thinking when he created the ENFP. Or what he was smoking...