• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What jobs do ye ENFP's do?

stopandstare

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hi All,

I am in the middle of a career crisis... yet again... I'm 27 and have just reached breaking point with yet another career... I've kinda had it because I'd like to start making a life for myself at this point but all my moving around has made me a little unstable!

I'm gonna go see a guidance counsellor but I'd like to be armed with some info from you guys too... because I am a through and through ENFP and seem to need some kind of ideal state of a job that doesn't seem to exist!

I'd just like to know what all you ENFP's out there are doing and do you like your careers?

Cheers... :nice:

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sales Analyst in radio. I like it when it's busy and I feel completely insane! When it's slow, I'm bored though.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Outreach, Recruitment, Sales Account Exec (i.e. the most respectable white collar kind of 'sales job') I got an invitation to interview as a drug dealer after I accepted my last job -- 'drug dealer' i.e. pharmaceutical sales. So...yeah, sales.

My mom gets on my case and tells me to tell people (or at least people back in the 'old country') that I work in 'finance' because it has more esteem and people think 'sales' means selling fish in a market somewhere. I did (past tense) work in financial related field managing client accounts but I was like :doh: fortheluva.

Similar to Rachelinpa, if you like it busy and competitive and having to make it all on your own chutzpah, people skills, super extraversion and constantly keeping on top of things and getting rewarded for your wins (commission) -- go into sales. Preferably the 'account exec' or 'pharmaceutical rep' or anything with 'pharma' or 'tech' in it for the $$$ Honestly though, unless you have a strong 'J' or very good organizational skills, you'll be pulling out your hair.

You could get into advertising sales pretty easily. Lots of sales jobs churn out the meek, unworthy, and unwilling. Basically they're farms with horrendous attrition rates, misleading descriptions, and poor to nonexistent training. But if you do well, you get rewarded immediately and can rise very quickly. A lot of the necessary sales skills are natural to an ENFP and already well developed so the question really boils down to do you want it and can you keep on top of the work?

For me, I'm really sick of 'sales'. Unless someone wants to pay me ma$$ive amounts of money. In which case I'm on it. :holy:

I'm trying to transition into media and communications now. I'd like to write and be involved with pre/production of film/video.

Other jobs I think I'm a good fit for and have interviewed for or been asked to interview for: HR, education, events planning

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm probably no help at all - I went to college for a few semesters, then decided to become a welder, and got certified to work on exotic metals. I did that for about six years, and now I'm back to the beginning again. :shock: There is this major hobble with us in trying to narrow down our options - everything is just so darn interesting.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My father is an ENFP and he is basically an Anthropologist..he's worked at psych-hospitals, dealt with forensics, done autopsies, he teaches courses in a college in disease, and teaches a 9 credit, yes 9 credit, course in another college in PT.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm still in high school but I do want to become a photographer some day. For me I just want a job where I can go places in the world. Which is why I briefly concidered the Air Force. Then there was my meteorology phase, my forensics pfase, and my psychology phase, but then I realised that while certain careers are extremely interesting and seem fun, I don't want to be stuck in school forever. My ideal job would be where I could just go out do my thing, turn it into my place of employment, and repeat the process. I guess that's why photography appealed to me.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Luna, I went into the AF immediately after high school. If you want to travel and live in other countries, that is the place to be. You meet people from different walks of life, different countries, go places on a whim. My only advice would be to really pick a job that will get you somewhere when you separate.

**disclaimer** with the current state of affairs I would suggest against joining at the moment.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah...that was another big diterant when concidering the AF. I'm in my fourth year of JROTC right now so if I did join after high school I'd be an E3, and I like having the option. While combat photography would be...exciting...I don't think I'll choose that.

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
i'm in art school trying to become an illustrator/concept artist.

1 career, lots of different jobs to do and freedom to move around. it's a lot of hard work but if i can hunker down and discipline my skills i'm sure i can have a steady career that's flexible at the same time.

i would get to constantly work on something new, i don't have to stay at the same studio for my entire career... =)

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Speech pathologist and hoping to be a future neuropsychologist!

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
My father is an ENFP and he is basically an Anthropologist..he's worked at psych-hospitals, dealt with forensics, done autopsies, he teaches courses in a college in disease, and teaches a 9 credit, yes 9 credit, course in another college in PT.

I LOVE anthropology! I would almost have done a PhD in anthropolgy. I finally choosed neuropsychology.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm probably no help at all - I went to college for a few semesters, then decided to become a welder, and got certified to work on exotic metals. I did that for about six years, and now I'm back to the beginning again. :shock: There is this major hobble with us in trying to narrow down our options - everything is just so darn interesting.

Funny but I am very very bad at pratical things like welding or anything like this.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I'm three out of six years into an architecture degree.

I came across some website also asking what careers ENFPs should or shouldn't do, and the first reply was 'don't be an architect!!'. So lol, I don't know.

It's detail-oriented (blech), but is creative and interesting in an applied way - it's like art that someone will actually pay you for. :p And since each project is totally different and there's a bit of travel involved? Sounds okay to me. :)

(Mind, I haven't actually worked in the field yet. This could be a deciding factor.)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i'm a 3rd year philosophy student who's too lazy to get a job :smile:. my goal is to go right up the academic chain and do research.

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
Usborne Books salesperson and calligrapher

I have sold these children's books for the past 14 years and had my own calligraphy business for the past 27 years!! I have also made homemade french chocolates in the past as a home-based business.

Clearly, ENFP's like jobs with a flexible and varied environment. I set my own hours and always have changing work. I love it!

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
anyone know any ENFP writers? be it novels, childrens, fantasy, TV, commercial, screen play?

im curious how good of a career that would be for an ENFP:

1. would it be too lonely of a job? writing is often associated with introverts. would the fact that writers get to write ABOUT people, impersonate peoples dialogue/actions and the general study of people be enough to engage the ENFP?

2. similar to number 1, Ne can often be just as fascinated by ideas as well as people...i wonder if the idea of every story being different, (also with there being different genres) would be enough to keep the ENFP from getting bored?

im asking the above with the assumption that ENFP already knows that he likes to write in various story forms.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I like writing, (and I LOVE planning/brainstorming stories) but I very quickly bore of writing out the mundane little details that are nessecary for a story of any length. So, not for me, but I suppose it might suit some. :)

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP
anyone know any ENFP writers? be it novels, childrens, fantasy, TV, commercial, screen play?

im curious how good of a career that would be for an ENFP:

1. would it be too lonely of a job? writing is often associated with introverts. would the fact that writers get to write ABOUT people, impersonate peoples dialogue/actions and the general study of people be enough to engage the ENFP?

2. similar to number 1, Ne can often be just as fascinated by ideas as well as people...i wonder if the idea of every story being different, (also with there being different genres) would be enough to keep the ENFP from getting bored?

im asking the above with the assumption that ENFP already knows that he likes to write in various story forms.

I feel like being a writer requires people to finish projects, which has never been one of our strong suits. I think INFJ is the perfect type for a novelist. I have heard, however, that ENFP's write good scripts and have a natural ear for dialogue. If you're worried about the loneliness, writing for television might be the best bet since TV shows have writing staffs that gather to storyboard together.