User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default What jobs do ye ENFP's do?

Hi All,

I am in the middle of a career crisis... yet again... I'm 27 and have just reached breaking point with yet another career... I've kinda had it because I'd like to start making a life for myself at this point but all my moving around has made me a little unstable!

I'm gonna go see a guidance counsellor but I'd like to be armed with some info from you guys too... because I am a through and through ENFP and seem to need some kind of ideal state of a job that doesn't seem to exist!

I'd just like to know what all you ENFP's out there are doing and do you like your careers?

Cheers...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Sales Analyst in radio. I like it when it's busy and I feel completely insane! When it's slow, I'm bored though.

MBTI
    GONE

Outreach, Recruitment, Sales Account Exec (i.e. the most respectable white collar kind of 'sales job') I got an invitation to interview as a drug dealer after I accepted my last job -- 'drug dealer' i.e. pharmaceutical sales. So...yeah, sales.

My mom gets on my case and tells me to tell people (or at least people back in the 'old country') that I work in 'finance' because it has more esteem and people think 'sales' means selling fish in a market somewhere. I did (past tense) work in financial related field managing client accounts but I was like fortheluva.

Similar to Rachelinpa, if you like it busy and competitive and having to make it all on your own chutzpah, people skills, super extraversion and constantly keeping on top of things and getting rewarded for your wins (commission) -- go into sales. Preferably the 'account exec' or 'pharmaceutical rep' or anything with 'pharma' or 'tech' in it for the $$$ Honestly though, unless you have a strong 'J' or very good organizational skills, you'll be pulling out your hair.

You could get into advertising sales pretty easily. Lots of sales jobs churn out the meek, unworthy, and unwilling. Basically they're farms with horrendous attrition rates, misleading descriptions, and poor to nonexistent training. But if you do well, you get rewarded immediately and can rise very quickly. A lot of the necessary sales skills are natural to an ENFP and already well developed so the question really boils down to do you want it and can you keep on top of the work?

For me, I'm really sick of 'sales'. Unless someone wants to pay me ma$$ive amounts of money. In which case I'm on it.

I'm trying to transition into media and communications now. I'd like to write and be involved with pre/production of film/video.

Other jobs I think I'm a good fit for and have interviewed for or been asked to interview for: HR, education, events planning
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I'm probably no help at all - I went to college for a few semesters, then decided to become a welder, and got certified to work on exotic metals. I did that for about six years, and now I'm back to the beginning again. There is this major hobble with us in trying to narrow down our options - everything is just so darn interesting.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

My father is an ENFP and he is basically an Anthropologist..he's worked at psych-hospitals, dealt with forensics, done autopsies, he teaches courses in a college in disease, and teaches a 9 credit, yes 9 credit, course in another college in PT.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm still in high school but I do want to become a photographer some day. For me I just want a job where I can go places in the world. Which is why I briefly concidered the Air Force. Then there was my meteorology phase, my forensics pfase, and my psychology phase, but then I realised that while certain careers are extremely interesting and seem fun, I don't want to be stuck in school forever. My ideal job would be where I could just go out do my thing, turn it into my place of employment, and repeat the process. I guess that's why photography appealed to me.

MBTI
    EXXP

Luna, I went into the AF immediately after high school. If you want to travel and live in other countries, that is the place to be. You meet people from different walks of life, different countries, go places on a whim. My only advice would be to really pick a job that will get you somewhere when you separate.

**disclaimer** with the current state of affairs I would suggest against joining at the moment.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah...that was another big diterant when concidering the AF. I'm in my fourth year of JROTC right now so if I did join after high school I'd be an E3, and I like having the option. While combat photography would be...exciting...I don't think I'll choose that.

MBTI
    ENFP

i'm in art school trying to become an illustrator/concept artist.

1 career, lots of different jobs to do and freedom to move around. it's a lot of hard work but if i can hunker down and discipline my skills i'm sure i can have a steady career that's flexible at the same time.

i would get to constantly work on something new, i don't have to stay at the same studio for my entire career... =)

MBTI
    ENFP

Speech pathologist and hoping to be a future neuropsychologist!